Twin & Turbine

Everskyward

Experimenter
Display Name

Display name:
Everskyward
There I was in the FBO in Billings, Montana when I saw this magazine lying around. It seemed like it might be interesting so I started reading. Imagine my surprise to see all the familiar names. Nice job Ken, Ron and Bruce!

There I was in the FBO in Billings, Montana when I saw this magazine lying around. It seemed like it might be interesting so I started reading. Imagine my surprise to see all the familiar names. Nice job Ken, Ron and Bruce!

Thanks! It's fun to do! You must have been hooked by the Piaggio on the cover.

So does this magazine focus exclusively on Twins and Turbines, or is it a magazine about airplanes as a whole?

I ask out of curiosity.

Ken:

As I've related before: this mag. has made a complete change for the better since you stepped in.

I've saved a couple issues to re-read articles about planes. Spent a lot of time on the MU-2.

Best,

Dave

So does this magazine focus exclusively on Twins and Turbines, or is it a magazine about airplanes as a whole?
Ken may have a different idea about the direction of the magazine but in my eyes it's mainly aimed at an audience who flies bigger piston twins and entry level turbine airplanes. That puts it somewhere between "Plane and Pilot" and "Business and Commercial Aviation". Still, many of the articles are relevant to all pilots. Ron's article was about learning to work as a crew, which is not the most natural thing in the world when you have spent your life flying single pilot. Bruce's article was on blood thinners. There were also articles on how not to get lost while taxiing, running piston engines lean of peak, collision avoidance technology and tax deductions.

I ask out of curiosity.

The tag line: "For the pilots of owner-flown cabin-class aircraft".

The market ranges from P210/Malibu/Baron 58 up to Gulfstreams and BBJs, but most of the focus is on airplanes that range from Cessna 400 series through King Airs, with a lot of recent emphasis on the emergent VLJs. The articles deal with the hardware, but also the realities of operating those kinds of aircraft: recurrent sim training, copilots, aeromedical, advanced avionics. Plus, given the kinds of people who own these and the kinds of uses, we include info on keeping your medical (Bruce's SI experience is crucial here) and tax issues surrounding taking clients on trips, personal use of company airplanes, etc.

Last edited:
Thanks! It's fun to do! You must have been hooked by the Piaggio on the cover.
That's a pretty cool photograph. I'm wondering how you took it. What was the camera plane?

Putting finishing touches on the next one, Ken....which is a medical one, not a political one....

I don't fly nor can I afford one but "Fighter Jets" is a pretty good magazine. If it's a plane on the cover, I can appreciate the stories. "No, I don't just look at the pictures."
The Piaggio is a nice looking bird. I wouldn't mind wrangling a ride in it. The TBM 700 I did get a ride in was terrific. It only had 23 hours on the HOBBS and still smelled new.
PS: Available for rightseats anywhere, anytime, anyplane.

Back