Twin Training in MD

spiderweb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ben
If you're from around here, please let me know if this assessment is correct:

For renters in the Baltimore/Washington area, there are only a few schools with twin training, and with the exception of FFC, they only have Seminoles, and one Duchess.

This is depressing. Is it correct, though?

Aviation Adventures, Leesburg (not far from Frederick):
Twinkie, Cougar, Twinstar.

They have a turbo Aztec and two Twinkies at Manassas and a Twinstar and a Cougar at Leesburg. They also have a Travelair at Warrenton.

If you're from around here, please let me know if this assessment is correct:

For renters in the Baltimore/Washington area, there are only a few schools with twin training, and with the exception of FFC, they only have Seminoles, and one Duchess.

This is depressing. Is it correct, though?

Come do a long weekend in Minnesota and I'll get you multi rated in a great little Apache/Geronimo!

GT Aviation here at Potomac Airfield (VKX) now has a Twin Commanche on the line.

That's not the critical factor... How big is the cello case, that's the critical one...:rofl:
Well yes, it is. In the GA 7 you have to be short in torso, as you are seated on the spar and if you take the cushion out to create headroom, it's quite uncomfortable.

In the Twinstar, the problem is forehead room, not top of head- room. And if you are wide, the "glove" in which you sit will be too tight over time. That one is the hardest fit for the cello. And as the controls are different, and rentals quite steep, I think that one is not relevant having a six seater moving 4 adults + bags.

Twinkie is a great trainer and in the summer I am noncompetitive with American Flyers in their Seminoles.

But in the winter, you can't beat a FIKI Seneca for actually training on the days planned......

Height does make a difference.

Come do a long weekend in Minnesota and I'll get you multi rated in a great little Apache/Geronimo!

How long? I will be in Minnesota for a week during Christmas -- New Years. Could be something fun to keep me occupied and complete my next goal.

How long? I will be in Minnesota for a week during Christmas -- New Years. Could be something fun to keep me occupied and complete my next goal.

I can check to see if the DPE is available. Are you IFR and current? PM me.

That sounds like fun! I might even do it, too, because I have relatives in the Twin Cities.

Well yes, it is. In the GA 7 you have to be short in torso, as you are seated on the spar and if you take the cushion out to create headroom, it's quite uncomfortable.

In the Twinstar, the problem is forehead room, not top of head- room. And if you are wide, the "glove" in which you sit will be too tight over time. That one is the hardest fit for the cello. And as the controls are different, and rentals quite steep, I think that one is not relevant having a six seater moving 4 adults + bags.

Twinkie is a great trainer and in the summer I am noncompetitive with American Flyers in their Seminoles.

But in the winter, you can't beat a FIKI Seneca for actually training on the days planned......

Height does make a difference.

And you know that you own my dream plane!

Wrong engines, he needs a Seneca II with turbos and Known Ice capabilities.

I agree. The Seneca at FFC, though, is in fact a I. I think they don't want the liability of the turbos.

Back