Twin into house, Fla

Do they put airplane magnets inside houses in Florida?!? When I first saw the thread title I thought it was a necropost about the NASCAR 310.

My buddy called me right after it happened, it crashed about 4 houses down from him, he said it sounded like he had a mag slip backfiring like a machine gun going off.

That sucks.....I think it used to be a Phoenix Air Transport Beech.

A teacher at my daughter's school who knew I was a pilot asked me if I knew him. Apparently he was from here in the Atlanta area, but I didn't know him.

My prayers to his family.

This doesn't help the GA cause at all...

Was anyone hurt?

Chronic bad maintenence (I'll bet it was a legal hauler) is what sent me back to school, many many moons ago......

Chronic bad maintenence (I'll bet it was a legal hauler) is what sent me back to school, many many moons ago......

Agreed. I've seen my share of haulers that are true testaments to both the laws of physics and Piper/Cessna/Beechcraft.

Keep on testing such things, it'll catch up eventually. Much happier having control over the maintenance of what I fly.

135 service hauling freight to the Bahamas.

If that doesn't have a stereotype of unmaintained aircraft, I don't know what does.

If that doesn't have a stereotype of unmaintained aircraft, I don't know what does.

It actually just came out of maintenance. The delivery he was on had been delayed a day or two due to mechanical problems. I'm wondering id he did a return to service flight light weight before he loaded up. A Beech 18 will fly out on one just fine light weight, loaded up though even shy of gross, you're on a continuous descent trajectory.

It actually just came out of maintenance. The delivery he was on had been delayed a day or two due to mechanical problems. I'm wondering id he did a return to service flight light weight before he loaded up. A Beech 18 will fly out on one just fine light weight, loaded up though even shy of gross, you're on a continuous descent trajectory.

My dad flew a C45 doing inter island freight in Hawaii in the 70s. Loaded up with tv's, newspapers and whatnot. First engine failed halfway to Maui. Cobbed the second one and it held out almost til he got back to HNL. Ended up on the reef.

I was 7. But over the years he gave no indication that he was unable to maintain altitude. Then again he was over water so.....

He made sure the next one had a pilot hatch so he wouldnt have to climb over cargo to get out.

My dad flew a C45 doing inter island freight in Hawaii in the 70s. Loaded up with tv's, newspapers and whatnot. First engine failed halfway to Maui. Cobbed the second one and it held out almost til he got back to HNL. Ended up on the reef.

I was 7. But over the years he gave no indication that he was unable to maintain altitude. Then again he was over water so.....

He made sure the next one had a pilot hatch so he wouldnt have to climb over cargo to get out.

I was hitching a ride from Catalina to Long Beach and we lost one mid channel, ended up landing on Terminal Island.

Water could have made a difference - Ground Effect over water brought many damaged bombers home back in WWII.

Back