Twilight Zone Flight

murphey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
murphey
Well, it's getting closer to midnight here in Colorado and I'll be driving out to the airport (KFTG) about 11 pm. I plan to takeoff about 11:45 pm, wander out towards the south and southeast of DIA, perhaps I can see some of the fireworks going off downtown at midnight, then about 12:10 am, I'll land.

I have a tradition of separating specific-year entries in my logbook. Hence, the first part of the flight will be in the 2009 section with the takeoff, and no landing. The last part of the flight will be in 2010 section with the landing but no takeoff.

Yes, I know it's silly. But I don't like crowds, not a big drinker, and want to do something absurd this year.

That actually sounds really, really cool. I'd rather be doing that than drinking....but alas, I'll probably be drinking.

Well, it's getting closer to midnight here in Colorado and I'll be driving out to the airport (KFTG) about 11 pm. I plan to takeoff about 11:45 pm, wander out towards the south and southeast of DIA, perhaps I can see some of the fireworks going off downtown at midnight, then about 12:10 am, I'll land.

I have a tradition of separating specific-year entries in my logbook. Hence, the first part of the flight will be in the 2009 section with the takeoff, and no landing. The last part of the flight will be in 2010 section with the landing but no takeoff.

Yes, I know it's silly. But I don't like crowds, not a big drinker, and want to do something absurd this year.

You're not alone, Jesse's up to something similar. BTW the first time you do this you (and more importantly your plane) makes more takeoffs than landings during the year. That's supposed to be impossible.

Back