Twenty Nine Palms Flying Question

Banjo33

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Banjo33
So, I'm in 29 Palms (about an hour NE of Palm Springs) for 3 months and looking to take advantage of some west coast flying while I'm here. Apparently, there's no rentals/nothing happening at the TWP airport. Closest rentals are at Burmuda Dunes (1:30 drive). Best rates with the March AB flying club (1:45 drive). I figure if I'm going to drive that far, then I should find something unique to do instead. I've never tried soaring and it looks like a hoot, any recommendations for soaring groups from the group? Anything regarding the normal powered rentals that I should reconsider? All recommendations appreciated!

Hemet Ryan down by March is a popular soaring area. I drove up from Miramar years ago to check it out but never signed up for lessons. At March they have an AF flying club by the CBP hanger. My buddy (CBP) took me out on the ramp a couple years ago. They had some Cessnas and I think 3 T-34s and an L-29 to rent! Not sure about the requirements to get in on that club but it seems like a good one. Of course down in Montgomery at SD they have bunch of schools to rent from but that would be quite a drive.

This is why you need to own your own plane.

Yeah, thanks, lol. Although, anything I could afford to own alone, I wouldn't be able to trust it to survive the 5000 mile round trip!

I'm of the opinion that you can make an aircraft fit any income or financial situation. Anyone who can own a car can own an airplane.

No go find yours! :thumbsup::D

Back