Turn around time on certificates

RussHensley

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Russ Hensley
Hey all, just completed my multi-engine rating March 18th. Wondering what the turn around time is on the real certificate? The FAA database still isn't reflecting the new certificate at faa.gov either.

120 days is the max..usually its about 90ish. Examiner should have been very thorough about that.

I've gotten a few certificates recently. If it was done thru IACRA you're looking at about a month even.

Hey all, just completed my multi-engine rating March 18th. Wondering what the turn around time is on the real certificate? The FAA database still isn't reflecting the new certificate at faa.gov either.

According to the FAA's web site, "We are currently processing permanent Airmen Certificates for temporary certificates that were issued approximately March 11, 2011."

So, you should have about a week 'til you see it on their site, and you'll probably get the plastic within a week after that.

My plastic came in the mail within two weeks.

Of course, all this assumes the government doesn't stay shut down for a good long time...

Of course, all this assumes the government doesn't stay shut down for a good long time...

That is definitely going to suck - especially for all the folks with March registrations that were late on their renewals. Planes could be grounded for a looooong time.

Just don't try to fly using that sorry-looking temporary thing the DPE gave you. Everybody knows they are phony. I won't rent any of my airplanes to pilots who don't have real credentials.

Just don't try to fly using that sorry-looking temporary thing the DPE gave you. Everybody knows they are phony. I won't rent any of my airplanes to pilots who don't have real credentials.
??????

You joking or serious?

I've never had a problem renting using any of the the temporary certs I have gotten (either handwritten or printed from IACRA).

1 866 878 2498

call that number and they tell you something like:

"we're currently processing airmen certificates from date xxx"

??????

You joking or serious?

I've never had a problem renting using any of the the temporary certs I have gotten (either handwritten or printed from IACRA).
Pretty sure he was joking.

Sad thing is once you step foot outside this country you'd be LUCKY to find a single person who would accept that piece of paper.

??????

You joking or serious?

He was being Wayne - because you acted like your temporary wasn't a real certificate..

Back