TSA strikes again.... affecting thousands of operators and hundreds of airports

wsuffa

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bill S.
TSA is proposing to make THOUSANDS of additional aircraft operators (and airport operators) implement security programs. From less than a thousand now to well over 10,000 - a 10-fold increase.

How, you might ask, will this affect small GA? Through the airport programs. If you think that an airport is going to implement (and pay for) a full security screening station just for a handful of >65,000 lb jets a week or month, you're dreaming. They'll require small GA operators to use it, too (for a fee, of course).

Based on industry data, TSA anticipates that this proposed rule would require approximately 10,000 aircraft operators and 315 airport operators, most of whom are not currently required to do so, to implement security programs.

Tightening the noose around general aviation. ATA must be very happy. And guaranteeing TSA more work.

http://www.tsa.gov/assets/pdf/nprm_lasp.pdf

I say even us FLIB operators need to weigh in on this in the negative. We can submit comments to the NPRM stating that this program is not needed, created an undue burden on operators, reduces the ability of General Aviation to serve all segments of the market, and is not based on any credible threat.

First they came.....

[Docket No. TSA-2008-0021]

http://www.regulations.gov

For those who want to comment electronically. We're doomed. The end is in site, and it's only a matter of a few more years. Everyone will have TSA oversight. 1984 has arrived.

Well, not surprisingly, it doesn't work. There is no TSA docket number in that system. Maybe later.

ARE YOU FING KIDDING ME!!!!!! WHEN WILL THIS NIGHTMARE END!!!!

Once the stupid docket number hits the system, I will be submitting a comment. I will also pass along my comments to my Congressman and Senators.

What kind of idiot dreams these things up. That will put an end to small airports and GA everywhere. All we'll be left with is class B. No one will be able to afford to fly.

1984-not-instruction-manual.jpg

Fantastic book, I've bought 3 copies so far as gifts. I got that pic October 2007, btw, predating Little Brother's publication by 6 months, so... neener neener neener. :)

Bill,

You obviously haven't read the NPRM. I'm through about page 160. Where does it say airports are going to have to install screening stations? Where did the >65,000 pound number come from? I think the proposal has some serious problems; but, we should all read it and provide comments to the TSA based on the facts.

Back