TSA security looks at people who complain about...

Attitude, when dealing with any government official, is the primary unwritten law of the land. In the old USSR, a citizen could get away with mouthing off at a traffic cop, or such, based on the principal all were equal in rank and importance to the state. Not so in this country. Respect of authority is not only expected, it is demanded of every "civilian" citizen.

It is a foolish and stupid act to think you can mouth off to authorities, and not suffer some sort of retaliatory consequence.

John

So if you are excessively critical of them, can they keep you from your flight without any reason? Other than just make sure you are scrutinized to the point where you miss it "out of an abundance of caution(stupidity)"?

So if you are excessively critical of them, can they keep you from your flight without any reason? Other than just make sure you are scrutinized to the point where you miss it "out of an abundance of caution(stupidity)"?
A belligerent person will get sufficient attention from authorities as to end up in court. You give TSA enough attitude, you'll be talking to the state police with your hands secured behind your back. In fact, there are signs all over many airports that state they take harassment of their employees very seriously.
I suspect the same is true during any traffic stop.
You can be argumentative without being perceived to be hostile.

Well, I'm not surprised. This is what a police state does after all.

That said, I've had only good experiences "mouthing off" to the TSA. You just have to know your stuff and look respectable. It seems like the people with some authority (not the screeners, since they have none) are also quite sick of the TSA.

The one time I had to fly this year (to Hawaii - no other choice), I immediately requested a police officer when they wanted to do a pat down. You know something is very wrong when you can tell that officer that you "don't trust those thugs to do anything right" and he says he "completely agrees". Best part was that the TSA idiots could hear us. Good entertainment.

I love how the TSA wastes their money on "Behavior Detection Officers". Do they understand what "no scientific basis" means?

Last edited:
It is a foolish and stupid act to think you can mouth off to authorities, and not suffer some sort of retaliatory consequence.

Definitely true, but the article is discussing something very different. This isn't a bunch of TSA goons getting petty revenge (which I'm sure happens), it appears to be an institutional policy of TSA to consider complaining about the system as a possible indicator that someone is a security threat.

Definitely true, but the article is discussing something very different. This isn't a bunch of TSA goons getting petty revenge (which I'm sure happens), it appears to be an institutional policy of TSA to consider complaining about the system as a possible indicator that someone is a security threat.

An excellent observation, however, do you not somehow think that this "policy" is more about shutting up dissenters, than providing safety to our nation? Has it not been legitimized by adding layers to it, such as stating that dissent is only one part of what might cause a person to be subjected to additional " security inspection".

What all of these security theatrics are really about is the subjugation of the citizenry to the demands of government. Its about power, not security.

Is this the "America" we learned about in school?

Sorry about SZing this.

John

Attention POA posters you are now on the list. Scott is going to need a deposition taken every time he flies LOL:ihih:

Soon those who do not remember to thank, with a smile, our TSA security forces, as they go through their screening process, will be regarded as a security threat. All possible effort will be employed to insure they miss their flight, or train, and down the road, their bus or taxi.

John

Attention POA posters you are now on the list. Scott is going to need a deposition taken every time he flies LOL:ihih:

Dear TSA guys reading this forum,
I like the way you make my business travel so safe!
Thank you,
Me

I eat some spicy Mexican food just before I fly, then perform a one-man-crop-dust of the TSA guard working the metal detector.

Back