TSA: Say your name

Well, I have a different spin on it...
First, often times, this is the first full time job that TSA agent has ever had... I had two of my patients (medicaid mommas who never held a job in their life) thrust off welfare when Michigan tightened the rules... Because they were recipients they got extra points and were hired by the TSA... They went from being at the bottom of the social totem pole, no money no respect and needy children, to having a uniform and a badge a some real power in one fell swoop... You do not (if you value your time and dignity) belittle them ('dis them' - in the vernacular)... They will respond with real anger...

We were second in line for flying out of Flint, Michigan at o'dark thirty AM for Houston (with a connecting flight I would not have remembered had they asked)...
The lady ahead of us, first in line when they opened the gate, had this ratty fur coat on with about a zillion pockets, and something liquid or banned in every pocket... By the time we were "next!" the agent was red faced, sweating, and mad at the world (probably didn't get any last night, either) and the line was backed up into the hallway... Recognizing the symptoms I reacted fast... Handed my tray to him and set my bag on the rollers, spread my arms wide, and with a big smile said, "Jeez, I can't top her... You'll just have to settle for tasing me."
He shook his head, grinned, waved me through the metal detector, handed me my tray without even looking at it, and said with a smile, "Have a good flight ,sir."

Psychology 101 didn't "learn me a lot", but what little it did has stood me good stead in life..

denny-o

Back