Trying to make sense of municipal court

Let's assume for a moment that he frankly doesn't give a shlt about the correct abbreviation. Then what?

Docs tend to be rather detail oriented about abbreviations, procedure names, etc. And usually pride themselves on knowing more than the average Joe.

They've already shown a high proclivity toward memorizing stuff... Their whole lives...

So, you would think the largest medical records privacy law in our lifetime wouldn't be something a typical Doc would typo.

It was enacted in 1996. Somewhat weird to still be mistyping it by now.

In college I drove for a medical lab as a courier. We had been driving an old blue Ford Maverick. We got a new car, a nice shiny new big Chevy red wagon. We just pulled all the maps and papers from one glove box to the other.

100 miles out I was stopped on the interstate, 90 in a 75 zone. I just handed the papers asked for and took the ticket. At the next stop I took time to read it, the plate number was correct, but the yr, make, model and color were wrong.

I went to court, name called and I was present, as was the state trooper. Plead not guilty your honor, the description of the car is not what I was driving, I think he meant to stop another car, not me. The judge gave the cop a look and told him to check the registration and date of registration. The trooper came back and asked to amend the ticket, the judge denied him and dismissed the ticket.

This is a kid working his way through college andtook the time to drive 100 miles to court, you are a college grad and can't do your job right, I'm not making him come back.

Then he cautioned me to slow down.

Docs tend to be rather detail oriented about abbreviations, procedure names, etc. And usually pride themselves on knowing more than the average Joe.

They've already shown a high proclivity toward memorizing stuff... Their whole lives...

So, you would think the largest medical records privacy law in our lifetime wouldn't be something a typical Doc would typo.

It was enacted in 1996. Somewhat weird to still be mistyping it by now.
Give it up. So he typed HIPPA instead of HIPAA, it is not the end of the world. The point of his post is more important. Get over it!:mad2:Personally I think the abbreviation should be HIPPO.:yesnod:
Doug

Nah Denny - I think you are ok. The HIPAA rules are just much annoying crap. All they do is add one more piece of paper to the stack.

I don't do traffic - except for myself and my wife. My son is on his own - he needs to learn to drive safely so I don't represent him - and he hates me for it! :D

Tell me - should I be rotating my hypertension drugs to avoid become desensitized to their effects? My last BP was 118/72 but I've been in quinapril for 20 years!
Hopefully, Denny will not give you advice other than ask your own doctor, unless of course Denny is your doctor and then hopefully he will PM you and not tell you by posting it. Would not want to go against HIPPA:no:HIPPO:no:HIPAA:yes:.

Doug

Hopefully, Denny will not give you advice other than ask your own doctor, unless of course Denny is your doctor and then hopefully he will PM you and not tell you by posting it. Would not want to go against HIPPA:no:HIPPO:no:HIPAA:yes:.

No need to be that way. All he has to do is discuss it in the abstract: generally...

No need to be that way. All he has to do is discuss it in the abstract: generally...

that's kinda what I thought, like those folks who want to understand free legal advice for their friends . . .

Some of us like Dr. Bruce are willing to take the risk of giving out medical advice based on threads. I think that is great. I have read too many reports of bad things happening and have seen the aftermath as well when people have read things on line, in magazines, or in books or have taken their friend's or relative's experience and though it was general in nature used it to change or do something. All I am saying is if you think you amy need to change your antihypertensive or some othe medication, you should discuss it with the doctor prescribing it. Many medications are given for one main purpose, but may have other purposes that are not fully apparent.

Futhermore, what is the reason for the question if you are not thinking about using the answer. Telling you physician that your online friend recommended that you change the antihypertensive you have been using successfully for twenty years will at the very best get you an awkward stare, and at the worse get you a new doctor.

Doug

Some of us like Dr. Bruce are willing to take the risk of giving out medical advice based on threads. I think that is great. I have read too many reports of bad things happening and have seen the aftermath as well when people have read things on line, in magazines, or in books or have taken their friend's or relative's experience and though it was general in nature used it to change or do something. All I am saying is if you think you amy need to change your antihypertensive or some othe medication, you should discuss it with the doctor prescribing it. Many medications are given for one main purpose, but may have other purposes that are not fully apparent.

Yup, good idea, take things out of their context and cast them in a bad light. Works every time and is still just another spin.

Have a good evening.

Yup, good idea, take things out of their context and cast them in a bad light. Works every time and is still just another spin.

Have a good evening.
Sorry did not think I was taking something out of context. The poster asked whether it made sense to change his antihypertensive as he was taking it for twenty years and was worried about desensitization. All I said was he would be better off asking his physician. Nothing more or less. I was taken to task for saying that, which I believe is pretty good advice. In any case did not mean to upset you, and so once again sorry. Maybe I misinterpreted the original post. I don't know.

Doug

Back