True or false

N5922S

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
N5922S
I should know this, but I'm not sure. A friend and I were discussing the ramifications of letting our medicals lapse and flying as sport pilots. He says we would no longer be able to fly in/thru class B airspace without prior permission. I don't think so. Who's right?

I should know this, but I'm not sure. A friend and I were discussing the ramifications of letting our medicals lapse and flying as sport pilots. He says we would no longer be able to fly in/thru class B airspace without prior permission. I don't think so. Who's right?

I think you mean without a specific endorsement. You always need permission to enter a class B. It is called a clearance. :D

Your friend is not correct. As a Private Pilot, you have those privileges. When you let your medical expire, you still have the Private Pilot Cert, you are just operating under the SP rules.

Your friend is wrong. See 61.303 and the subsequent references.

Back