Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
PJ Gustafson
Flying lessons......$7000

Crappy T-shirt that sacrificed itself on your first solo.....$0

Checkride.....$250

Picture Frames.....$20

Having a girlfriend who voluntarily just says, "Why don't you hang your first solo shirttail and temporary airman certificate in our game room (second living room upstairs) instead of back in your office?" ..... Priceless.

God, I love that woman!

Attachments

• IMG_1327.JPG
    IMG_1327.JPG
    15.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1328.JPG
    IMG_1328.JPG
    17.7 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1329.JPG
    IMG_1329.JPG
    17.6 KB · Views: 23
sounds like a keeper PJ. For valentines day buy her the tail kit for an RV-7. If she doesnt get mad, marry her.

Maybe one day I'll be fortunate and find someone who thinks that owning an Aztec is a good idea, and then encourages me to get a Navajo. :)

Oh yeah, and is then making enough money to pay the fuel bill. ;)

sounds like a keeper PJ. For valentines day buy her the tail kit for an RV-7. If she doesnt get mad, marry her.

She's definitely a keeper, but I'm not going to push my luck that much...

Sweet PJ. Do you think she will become a pilot one day? Does she like flying with you?

No, she won't become a pilot. She has no interest in flying herself. She does enjoy flying with me, though she prefers riding in my mentor's Bonanza to riding in the Cessna. But, she's only been once - not because she doesn't want to fly, but because of the cost of flying around or going somewhere. She did give me some money for flying for Christmas, so that was very nice of her. When I fly though, she prefers to let someone else go with me that would get more out of the flight. The fact that she's not as gung-ho about flying as I am doesn't bother me... I just appreciate that she supports (enables?) my addiction to aviation. :)

Yep.. I'd say you have a keeper there, PJ.

One way to get her a little more 'hooked' is to fly somewhere that would normally take all day to get to by car. Once you get her hooked on the 'utility' of flying, she'll be more gung-ho about flying. I don't think my wife is too keen on just going up to burn gas locally yet, but she is definitely hooked on the idea of being in northern Michigan in 2.5 hrs or northern Arkansas for camping in 3 hrs, etc. etc. Heck, she's even to the point of planning trips that require us to fly. :)

Way the by -- make her first 'trip' somewhere SHE wants to go - not just an airshow or fly-in. If you can show her that flying can be used to help her do things SHE wants to do (weekend at a B&B, etc.) she'll love it! Then you can work the fly-ins and airshows into the mix later. ;)

Yeah, that's what I did for the first flight after getting my license. I flew her to San Antonio (where she went to college) where one of her former roommates and her husband picked us up, then we all went to have Rudy's BBQ (one of her favorite things on the planet). It's not the flying that bothers her, it's the cost associated with it. She figures that for the money, we can just drive.

She figures that for the money, we can just drive.

That changes with age.

A couple of times parked on the freeway for two hours due to an accident 6 hours from everywhere experiences and the cost difference is not so bad.:rolleyes:

Back