Troubleshooting radio issue

Salty

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Salty
In sounds good and strong, mic key sets off static and xmit lights, but no audio goes out.

tested with multiple headsets and both jacks. Also the other comm is fine with same jacks and headsets.

Any wonderful ideas short of tearing into the wiring harness?

Engine not running.

You may have saved me a nightmare. The plane has been in annual for awhile and I’ve been testing avionics a lot so the battery was down to 12.0 volts. I put the trickle charger on it we’ll test it in the morning. Crossing fingers.

You may have saved me a nightmare. The planes been in annual and I’ve been testing avionics a lot so the battery was down to 12.0 volts. I put the trickle charger on it we’ll test it in the morning. Crossing fingers.

I've had this happen to me before. What comm is acting up?

Well, a full charge and leaving the charger on didn’t make any difference. I can’t start the engine up right now as we’re in the middle of several other projects preventing that.

Well, a full charge and leaving the charger on didn’t make any difference. I can’t start the engine up right now as we’re in the middle of several other projects preventing that.

Well, it was worth a shot to eliminate that. Talk with the installer. Hopefully it's nothing too serious. Did you check antenna connections?

I’m the installer ;)

problem resolved. There was a ground that wasn’t. When I started pulling the connector out I saw the stray wire and immediately knew what I’d done.

I’m the installer ;)

problem resolved. There was a ground that wasn’t. When I started pulling the connector out I saw the stray wire and immediately knew what I’d done.

I was working up my invoice for solo installation support billed at double dual instruction rates before I chimed in. Glad you fixed it. Electrical gremlins are frustrating.

I’m the installer ;)

Excellent! Glad it worked out.

Back