Tropical Storm Hermine

MickYoumans

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
MickYoumans
How are you guys in Florida and Georgia faring through the storm so far? They are predicting winds 40 to 60 mph with rain 4" to 8" in the Augusta Georgia area. I am so grateful I have my plane in a good hangar.

I hope everyone gets through the storm with minimal problems.

REALLY worried for our place in Cedar Key. Looks ominous on the Weather Channel.
N4524B's in VA now, though.

Heavy rains in Atlanta and Charlotte, to south of DC.
Gonna be a "fun" night in the OCC tomorrow, I suspect.

It's going well north of me. We will probably just get a bunch of rain.

I'm at plant city and have had 7 inches of rain in last 3 days. Little wind this evening, but nothing really. Cedar key might be little worse. It's been to west and it's way north now. Thinking maybe few more inches of rain out of it. Didn't really rain at all today. Walked 5 miles and swam in pool.

Family down in TPA say they're expecting it to arrive around 12am local. Hoping everything goes well for them.

I'm at plant city and have had 7 inches of rain in last 3 days. Little wind this evening, but nothing really. Cedar key might be little worse. It's been to west and it's way north now. Thinking maybe few more inches of rain out of it. Didn't really rain at all today. Walked 5 miles and swam in pool.

Yeah, pretty much the same here. I'm in Haines City.

nSZ6TR.jpg

Yeah, pretty much the same here. I'm in Haines City.

I'm in the UK and relieved to hear Haines City is doing okay, I have a vacation home sitting empty and my next door neighbor who keeps an eye on the place for us is away up north for the holiday weekend so I haven't heard how the area was coping with the storm.

At plant city I have another 2 inches of rain so far today. Looks like mayb light rain thru most of day. Little wind overnight. Cleaned the dead fronds off the palm trees. Probably take me 15 minutes to clean up. Pond is almost full. Ground is pretty saturated. Hopefully most other people we in same boat. I know they were saying wasn't going to be pretty for houses on the coast. I'm 16 miles away from nearest open water.

I'm in the UK and relieved to hear Haines City is doing okay, I have a vacation home sitting empty and my next door neighbor who keeps an eye on the place for us is away up north for the holiday weekend so I haven't heard how the area was coping with the storm.

Fortunately we're on high ground (for Florida, that is) along the ridge. We're on 544, a few miles west of Greneleaf. Where's your vacation place?

Fortunately we're on high ground (for Florida, that is) along the ridge. We're on 544, a few miles west of Greneleaf. Where's your vacation place?

Our place is on Southern Dunes just by Walmart on the 27

My wife and me are looking forward to getting back over later this month and hopefully the weather will have settled down so we can get some good flying days in.

Our place is on Southern Dunes just by Walmart on the 27

My wife and me are looking forward to getting back over later this month and hopefully the weather will have settled down so we can get some good flying days in.

Yep, know just where that is. My wife and I have breakfast at the clubhouse there once in a while. Your info says Winter Haven so I thought you might be somewhere west of 27. Do you fly out of KGIF?

Yep, know just where that is. My wife and I have breakfast at the clubhouse there once in a while. Your info says Winter Haven so I thought you might be somewhere west of 27. Do you fly out of KGIF?

Good food at the clubhouse

Yes fly out of KGIF and KBOW, good friends with Tim & Peggy Preston who have a Stearman and Cub for Tailwheel training out of KGIF

They forecasted heavy rains and flooding for the Charlotte area today but it has been pretty mild thus far.

Ever stop by Jack Brown's seaplane base? My son worked as a line boy there when he was in high school.

I'm taking lessons now at First Landings in Apopka, X04.

Ever stop by Jack Brown's seaplane base? My son worked as a line boy there when he was in high school.

I'm taking lessons now at First Landings in Apopka, X04.

Yep ive been to Jack Browns, I've flown one of their Cubs a couple of years back.

Good guys at First Landings, you'll do just fine with them. It's been a while since I was last up there, I flew a new Sport Cruiser they had just bought, it was around the time Piper had just got involved with shipping them in from Czech Republic, (must have been around 2010 I think) It was a really nice Light Sport plane to fly, although the partnership with Piper didn't last long, but I believe the Sport Cruiser is still being marketed by another company in the US.

Good guys at First Landings, you'll do just fine with them. It's been a while since I was last up there, I flew a new Sport Cruiser they had just bought, it was around the time Piper had just got involved with shipping them in from Czech Republic, (must have been around 2010 I think) It was a really nice Light Sport plane to fly, although the partnership with Piper didn't last long, but I believe the Sport Cruiser is still being marketed by another company in the US.

Yep, good crew. I've been pleased with the operation overall. I'm working on my sport ticket, but I've been stuck for the last several weeks trying to get decent at landing. It's been tough getting consistent lessons for a while due to weather. I was supposed to fly today, but storms moved in and we had to cancel. I'll try again tomorrow.

The Sport Cruisers are nice planes. I looked over one at Sun n Fun. First Landings is all Tecnam now for LSAs, though. They became a Tecnam dealer earlier this year.

I'm afraid their business might fall off a bit, unfortunately. Lots of their students in the past year have been people wanting a SP license so they could fly drones, but the new FAA rules have made that unneccessary.

Let me know when you're back in town and we'll grab a cup of coffee somewhere.

I was a little disapointed we didn't get a little more needed rain.

I had to spend some extra minutes skimming leaves out of the pool.

Did you file an insurance claim?

No, but I think I need to start some sort of social media campaign. #leafstrong maybe a gofundme.

All joking aside, glad the thing missed us. Looks like FL gulf Coast wasn't that lucky.

All joking aside, glad the thing missed us. Looks like FL gulf Coast wasn't that lucky.

Agreed, but we got our share in 2004. The intersection of all 3 'canes that year was only about 5 or 6 miles from my house. We were pounded.

Lots of this season left to go, though.

Back