Trolling for Dr. Bruce, trolling for Dr. Bruce...

dtuuri

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
dtuuri
Being vegetarian just isn't good enough, but if you want to know why you must suffer through this high-on-asparagus presentation to find out:
I think it's well worth the watch. Beats shoveling snow anyway..

dtuuri

Last edited:
If all I had to eat was veggies I would want to die.

Fish on the islands is unbelievable.

Many islands around the world have populations of feral pigs and/or goats from back in the exploration days where they were left to breed as food caches for the future.

I got to the point where he reported no difference in mortality ..........
I just came in from shoveling snow, was still breathing heavy and my heart rate was up, so I decided not to watch anymore and I am going to warm up some hot dogs and brats....
I'm hungry

Mostly all I eat is meat and vegetables relatively strictly for the last year and a half. I've never felt better.

Many islands around the world have populations of feral pigs and/or goats from back in the exploration days where they were left to breed as food caches for the future.
Where does one nominate candidates for non sequitur of the century? :confused:

dtuuri

Mostly all I eat is meat and vegetables relatively strictly for the last year and a half. I've never felt better.
Same here, but I don't eat animal protein. I do eat carbs, but not refined if I can help it. Steel-cut oatmeal almost every morning. Lately, I've cut back on the carbs to keep my blood sugar from spiking. The more you learn, the more you have to do.

dtuuri

I got to the point where he reported no difference in mortality ..........
I posted that link because I know Dr. Bruce is skeptical about the advantages of the Ornish and Esselstyn diets. Maybe because of the fact you mentioned. BUT, there is a reason! And the reason doesn't apply to folks on those diets. I suspect that since the information in that video became known some 10 years ago, many vegetarians and vegans took it to heart (heh, heh) and ought to start making a difference in any similar future studies. Good-bye Atkins diet if they do.

dtuuri

Last edited:
You see people barely able to walk they are so fat sucking on a 16-20 oz. coke, etc. they are nuts! Processed food, pizza, burgers with bacon and cheese, on and on. I have one or two 7 oz. soft drinks a week and stay far away from fast food, deep fried chicken and salt and sugar. Sugar is deadly.

If one lives life without eating bacon are they really alive? They may think so, but look into any vegetarians hollow lifeless eyes and you will see the horrible truth.

If one lives life without eating bacon are they really alive? They may think so, but look into any vegetarians hollow lifeless eyes and you will see the horrible truth.

Real life lol after reading that.

Asparagus makes my pee really stink.I'm probably gonna die someday.

Does that to a lot of people. And you are going to die someday. :yes:

Going beyond that, have you ever seen a jogger who looked like they were enjoying it?

At my age my maternal grandfather was dead from a heart attack. My father was undergoing surgery for flabitis. I'll take my lifestyle, thank you very much. It won't save my from cognitive decline from old age, but it will save me from cardiovascular issues in younger age, not to mention bone and joint degeneration due to excess weight.

At my age my maternal grandfather was dead from a heart attack. My father was undergoing surgery for flabitis. I'll take my lifestyle, thank you very much. It won't save my from cognitive decline from old age, but it will save me from cardiovascular issues in younger age, not to mention bone and joint degeneration due to excess weight.

Do you one can't eat meat without becoming overweight loaded with cardiovascular issues?

I'm sure I'll die one day but I can't see myself being a vegetarian. I love steak and seafood too much. I don't think it's healthy for anyone under any circumstances to eat at burger king every day or not get out and walk once in a while but one on occasion isn't going to kill you unless you just bought a bad burger. There's enough mystery contents in fake meat and pesticides on fruits and veggies to do you in anyways. I hear so much about it that I get the impression everything causes cancer. I'll keep my steak and bacon but I do love fruit and asparagus too! :)

Last edited:
I haven't had a steak in ages, and I have red meat (usually in chili) maybe 5 or 6 times a year. But I'm not even close to being a vegetarian. I love fish, especially salmon, and have grilled salmon at least once a week. At last check my lipid profile was "to kill for" in my doctor's words, and it's been pretty consistent for many years.

Do you one can't eat meat without becoming overweight loaded with cardiovascular issues? (sic)

Yes but then he wouldn't be able to get on his 43 story horse with all the other vegetarians.

I haven't had a steak in ages, and I have red meat (usually in chili) maybe 5 or 6 times a year. But I'm not even close to being a vegetarian. I love fish, especially salmon, and have grilled salmon at least once a week. At last check my lipid profile was "to kill for" in my doctor's words, and it's been pretty consistent for many years.

Yet that's not shown to cause any difference in longevity. If you like you diet, you can keep your diet.:D

Yet that's not shown to cause any difference in longevity. If you like you diet, you can keep your diet.:D
Those who ate an American Heart Assocoation diet ate the same stuff, except for one difference, as those on a Mediterranean diet, but they fared so much worse an ethics committee stopped the Lyon study after two years. That one difference is a thing meat eaters and vegetarians eat in common, but not vegans on the Esselstyn diet. So, to achieve the Mediterranean result no matter which of the two diets you're on... you need to know what that one thing is, then don't eat it. Anyone on an Esselstyn diet oughtn't be tarred with the same brush as studies done on typical vegetarians and vegans.

Good one on the Obama paraphrase, btw. :D

dtuuri

Last edited:
Wonder if their is a lifestyle out there that doesn't have a youtube speech by a doctor supporting it?:lol:
Oh and those guys in Greece live so long because of community, not working all that hard at bs jobs, walking, and what they don't eat not because of what they do eat.

Those who ate an American Heart Assocoation diet ate the same stuff, except for one difference, as those on a Mediterranean diet, but they fared so much worse an ethics committee stopped the Lyon study after two years. That one difference is a thing meat eaters and vegetarians eat in common, but not vegans on the Esselstyn diet. So, to achieve the Mediterranean result no matter which of the two diets you're on... you need to know what that one thing is, then don't eat it. Anyone on an Esselstyn diet oughtn't be tarred with the same brush as studies done on typical vegetarians and vegans.

Good one on the Obama paraphrase, btw. :D

dtuuri

You can avoid eating anything, you will still die. Watching my dad enter his 80s in general good health with a deteriorating mind makes me question the value of extended life.

You can avoid eating anything, you will still die. Watching my dad enter his 80s in general good health with a deteriorating mind makes me question the value of extended life.
Well, the point of posting here is help pilots keep flying which is hard to do after being debilitated by a stroke or heart attack. Do you want to ask somebody to pull up your shorts every time you go to the bathroom? All it takes to keep you on the ground is a stent with a little careless language in your medical record because the FAA is twenty years behind the times cardio-wise.

As far as I'm concerned, based on countless hours of research, almost everybody has atherosclerosis in this country. It's only a matter of "to what degree?" Some cardiologists say all men over 65 should be treeated for it, symptoms or not, and women over 70.

I could post links to studies that show the most vulnerable plaques are the newest ones--the kind the FAA certifies every day because they aren't symptomatic. But they're the ones most likely to cause sudden incapacitation. By the time symptoms show up, if you didn't die first, it's too late to get a medical without revascularization according to the FAA's obsolete notions. Not everybody is a candidate for that though. If you keep eating the same, drugs alone won't stop or regress the damage. There are studies and case histories where diet changes did, though, so there's not much other choice.

I can also link to a study that showed up to 20% of those with a CT scan score of zero really have uncalcified plaques when looked at with a 64-slice scanner. How stable are those, I wonder? Plaques are yesterdays little fatty streaks that grew up. We've all got them because we all eat a Western diet.

So, for anyone who wants to keep flying and doesn't want help going to the bathroom--I say, from experience, "Do your homework."

dtuuri

I did my homework and the answer is meat and veggies. No grains no sugar.

I did my homework and the answer is meat and veggies. No grains no sugar.
Veggies and no sugar is good... meat's loaded with cholesterol and transfats. When I cut out meat my cholesterol was cut nearly in half, LDL too. A statin drug lowered it even more. Without meat, though, I have to eat beans and lentils and to make sure all the essential amino acids are there--grains. Corn is a grain. I agree with 'minimizing' pastas, rice and breads and eating the whole grain versions.

dtuuri

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back