Triple D Adventures

motospeed9058

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
rhall9058
Ok, on many other forums I belong to, each and every one of them has somebody that has mapped out the Diners, Drive-in's, and Dives (from the Food Network show) location and taken their unique methods to tour many of those fine establisments.

That said, has somebody taken the time to put their own reviews and go on a mini Triple D tour of these various establishments to not only say they have been there, but they have flown to them?

I will say I've visited several restaurants from the show and been pleased.
I tend to agree. I just find the show impossible to watch because of the host's personality. I believe he covered the Triple X restaurant in Lafayette. Hands down the best burgers and other diner food in the state.

Not the least bit happy about DDD. They covered my favorite onion burger joint in OKC (Nic's). The wait was usually around 15 or 20 minutes pre Guy. It went to 30 to 45 after. So much for me having time to eat there.

Not the least bit happy about DDD. They covered my favorite onion burger joint in OKC (Nic's). The wait was usually around 15 or 20 minutes pre Guy. It went to 30 to 45 after. So much for me having time to eat there.

Well, they usually get their info from multiple locals, which tells me that more than one person wanted him there. Guess they ruined it for ya. I can't feel tooo bad though, I've added to that chaos in more than one instance. :goofy:

Spiky haired? Yes.
Unfashionable? Undoubtedly.
Douchebag? No more so than you, and probably less.

+1

I like the guy. Interesting backstory. Pretty genuine, I think.

Is that the show with the spiky haired douchebag of a host?

Ok, now I got all the folks in the airline lounge looking at me spew soda out my nose.

I will say I've visited several restaurants from the show and been pleased.

Mixed bag here. Some I've been to and they were good, others not so. I don't go out of my way to visit places he talks about, and frankly I don't watch the show as much as i used to (much prefer Anthony Bordain).

Then again, we'd probably get no agreement here about Lambert's, either.

Melt - in Cleveland... only prolem is the wait is ALWAYS an hour or more, unless you get there at opening.

Back