Trip to Denver

tmp1545

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
tmp1545
I have a trip to Denver scheduled in the next few days. I'll be staying in the downtown area and would like to cab it to/from my hotel. Which location (KAPA or KBJC) is the better location to fly into? I'll be arriving Saturday morning and departing Tuesday morning. Thx in advance for any responses.

I'm based at KAPA but in your situation it's pretty much a tossup. They're both nice airports with good FBO's. If you choose KAPA, I recommend TAC Air, and you'll save money with their self-serve fuel pump.

16 miles from BJC to downtown (Coors field) and 21 miles from Centennial, if that makes any difference. Either one is easy access. Hmmm, with the current construction on US-36, I might lean toward APA, but in a cab, probably doesn't matter.

Runway construction is complete at BJC, so we're back to normal ops now.

I'm at KAPA also. I agree - the construction on US 36 stinks. Tac Air is nice with the self-serv. Both FBOs are friendly and nice inside.

Also KAPA has a newly reconstructed xwind runway (10/28). They tore it down to dirt and built it back. It's smoother than I am, that's for sure.

Not sure if BJC's main runway is back in service yet - it has been closed most of the summer. Still not a big deal to get in there.

Best piston shop at KAPA is Araphoe Aero if needed.

Last edited:
BJC ops are fully back to normal - construction is complete ....

I'm screwed .... not only do I continually call "Jeff-Uh-Metro tower" now I'm going to ask for "29-uh-28"

Back