Trip to Block Island

Toby

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Toby Speed
What a clear day it was today. I went on a long flight with my friend and his cousin out to Block Island for lunch. Then we went up to Westerly, RI, for fuel and back home the lazy way -- out to Montauk and back along the beach nice and low.

:)

I like that last picture on final at Westerly! What a fun trip that must have been. The water was SO BLUE!

Thanks for sharing!

Beautiful photos, Toby! Thanks.

Brian Austin said:
Why did they paint the grass white? :D

I don't know, Brian, they always do that this time of year. I guess it's to make the runway easier to see.

Troy Whistman said:
I like that last picture on final at Westerly! What a fun trip that must have been. The water was SO BLUE!

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks. It was one of the best flights ever. (I know, I'm always saying that.) Here's a map showing our route.

See Toby. You did bum a ride. Did you use the sad or happy approach? I love Block Island, we've flown there a few times and always enjoy it. Bermuda of the north (well in the summer at least). What restraurants are open now?

Anthony said:
See Toby. You did bum a ride. Did you use the sad or happy approach? I love Block Island, we've flown there a few times and always enjoy it. Bermuda of the north (well in the summer at least). What restraurants are open now?

Hi Anthony,

I used the happy approach. But see attached photo, very sad face during the first part of the trip when I had to sit in the back. Fortunately, I was right seat most of the day.

Nothing was open except the diner on the field, but what a cute place. Food was really good. I'm looking forward to going back later in the spring and getting over to Old Harbor.

Back