Trip reports

What a great trip. I really enjoy reading your trip report’s. Thanks for sharing!

"Castle Loevestein was built between 1357 and 1397 at a strategic point, where the Maas and Waal rivers unite, allowing it to control the local trade. During the 80 years war, it changed hands twice between the Dutch and the Spanish. From 1619 the castle became a prison, used mainly for political prisoners."

You know, just casually taking a spontaneous flight and seeing castles and landmarks that are older than my entire country (USA). Love it!

Spontaneous Sunday-afternoon flight

On Sunday morning the sun was shining beautifully, and we spontaneously decided to go flying in the afternoon. We were going to make our first trip of the new year to Seppe, a small airport in the south of the Netherlands.

picture: Loevestein Castle

Click here for a trip report with pictures

-o-o-
What a fantastic way to explore Europe. I always enjoy train travel in that part of the world, but you are giving me a fantastic idea of a September holiday, explore France, Loire valley, Burgundy, Sarlet -- than had up North to Normandy, Brittany, etc. Keep on posting, these are fun to read.

Back