Tri-State Area Flying

Engine

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Engine
Hey folks,

I'm relatively knew to POA and just wanted to cast my lines and see if I can find any motivated people whiling to do some interesting flying in the New England area. I can travel in the Tri-State Area to fly with anyone as I often do through out the week.

I'll provide some background information for you all to make a judgment on whether you'd like to fly with me or not: I am in my early twenties. Received my private a little over a year ago and have since been on the 141-run around for a year while they bleed me dry for an Instrument Rating. I have roughly 200 hrs and have been flying since 2004. I've flown just about everywhere in New England to include all and any terrain we have. To this day I have 14.7 actual instrument hours.

When I am not flying - which is too often lately - I run a aviation software development & publications company at www.angelsimulations.net . I also work for a few companies at airports in long island. Primarily at SheltAir FRG. I enjoy hiking a lot and have hiked all the prominent peaks in the Adirondacks, CatSkills, Hudson Highlands, Mt. Olympus, and a few others in the Balkans. I also enjoy biking, the outdoors, survival, country music, playing the acoustic guitar and harmonic.

I've flown with Machfly when he's in the area. Otherwise don't know too many good pilots in the area.

Now that I'm done filling out my www.pilotmatch.com profile I hope to find some others who are looking for an intelligible good friend to fly with.:lol:

I live right outside MMU and fly out of N51. PP with 138TT just trying to build as much time as I can on the weekends and during days off. I work mon-frid so nights and weekends are best. Where do you fly out of and what type?

Hey Welcome, I am still in training, I am from Long Branch NJ and work in Edison not too far from each other. I am 26 lets hang out one day.

Last edited:
Hey Welcome, I am still in training, I am from Long Branch NJ and work in Edison not too far from each other. I am 26 lets hang out one day.

Where do you fly out of? And training for your private? How far along are you?

Hey guys I fly out of KFRG KISP KHWV. But I can fly out of Jersey airports too. Most of my time is in low wing Pipers. However I've a good amount of time in Cessna and consider myself comfortable and confident in them.

If you live outside of MMU and travel to N51 then we are one in the same here. I love small airports such as that and prefer them whenever I can. The flying is much better in my opinion.

Let's see what we can do and get together to fly some. I have the same situation. Basically work all week and have very little time to fly. But if I have someone who is definitive on a time, date, plane and place then I can make it happen no problem.

I am out of N12, too. Hope to be done with my cfi in two weeks.

Hey guys I fly out of KFRG KISP KHWV. But I can fly out of Jersey airports too. Most of my time is in low wing Pipers. However I've a good amount of time in Cessna and consider myself comfortable and confident in them.

If you live outside of MMU and travel to N51 then we are one in the same here. I love small airports such as that and prefer them whenever I can. The flying is much better in my opinion.

Let's see what we can do and get together to fly some. I have the same situation. Basically work all week and have very little time to fly. But if I have someone who is definitive on a time, date, plane and place then I can make it happen no problem.

If Mother Nature will ever cooperate with us, feel free to join a bunch of POA folks at a lunch meet 'n great. We are shooting for Sky Acres http://www.airnav.com/airport/44N for an upcoming weekend.

Looking for fun in the sun, consider Sun N Fun http://www.sun-n-fun.org/ in lakeland, FL. A great aviation experience!!!

You gentlemen plan on flying tomorrow or Friday? I was trying to go up today but couldn't convince a friend to go in the winds.

I'm based at KFRG, might be going up this weekend

I'm a bit further east at WST but I'm willing to fly just about anywhere in the area.

Mike, I work at FRG for SheltAir and JetFlite. I'll be working this weekend from 1400 to 22:30 both Saturday and Sunday.

If you ever have an empty seat I'd be happy to come along.

Steve, give me a heads up if you go to KFRG, KISP, KHWV. I frequent these airports a lot. Also used to work there and might still be able to get some fuel discounts if need be.

During the summer months I frequent KBID and sometimes KACK. During the winter I love going North to VT, NH, ME for a ski or a hike.

Engine, cool will give you a shout if I head up this weekend. I'm between Atlantic and TalonAir at FRG.

Back