Training Poll

How do you feel about training?

• Get it done so I can get going!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I like to meet with my CFI at least once a year.

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • I incorporate some training into every third or fourth flight, either by myself or with a CFI

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • I'm all about training. I incorporate some training into almost every flight.

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • I want to become (or am) a CFI--that way I'm training my students and myself.

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • I don't think about it all that much

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hmmm... I learn something from every flight, whether it's intentional training or not.

I do regular training, every couple of months, but I fly enough that it's more than every 3-4 flights. IPC's every 4-6 months.

Hmmm... I learn something from every flight, whether it's intentional training or not.

I do regular training, every couple of months, but I fly enough that it's more than every 3-4 flights. IPC's every 4-6 months.

I have done one IPC since getting my rating a little over 3 years ago. I have kept current but I think I may do another IPC just to protect myself from getting into a bad habit and not catching it.

I have done one IPC since getting my rating a little over 3 years ago. I have kept current but I think I may do another IPC just to protect myself from getting into a bad habit and not catching it.

Scott,

I'm curious... Do you get the approaches done in the course of your normal flying? Do you go hunt for actual (like me ;))? Or, do you do your 6/6 with a safety pilot?

I seem to only get about two actual IMC approaches per six months in the course of my normal flying. I'll go hunting for actual for a couple more, but haven't managed to stay current without trying yet. Maybe this next time, I did four approaches and a hold in December (hunting actual).

Scott,

I'm curious... Do you get the approaches done in the course of your normal flying? Do you go hunt for actual (like me ;))? Or, do you do your 6/6 with a safety pilot?

I seem to only get about two actual IMC approaches per six months in the course of my normal flying. I'll go hunting for actual for a couple more, but haven't managed to stay current without trying yet. Maybe this next time, I did four approaches and a hold in December (hunting actual).

If I can get them in actual I will do it then. But generally it is with a safety pilot and I try to get two done per month. But I have been negligent in that since November due to family issues hence why I was thinking to do an IPC. I have my BFR due in April so I was thinking of doing both at the same time.

the poll closed so fast I couldn't participate! I'lll just keep my thoughts on the subject to myself then.

Scott

I try to keep current by flying in actual and participate in the NC Wings program at least once per year, twice if I can swing it.

Obviously not Scott, but I try to get up no less then every other week to shoot 3-4 apps under the hood with a safely pilot. Luckily, Brent is eager to go almost anytime I want to get some apps in.

Last year I did 20hrs of hood work, and I average 3 apps/hour, so I put in maybe 60 practice approaches last year? An average of 5 practice apps/month?

Back