Traditional Christmas Decorations

LOL! that is awsome. looks like an excellent use of MIDI light controllers.

mmilano said:
LOL! that is awsome. looks like an excellent use of MIDI light controllers.
I'll bet the neighbors are glad when Christmas is over....

-Skip

gibbons said:
Call me old fashioned, but I really like traditional Christmas decorations at my house during the holidays. I've finished decorating for this year. Here is a short video: Old fashioned Christmas decorations

Dude, you are AWSOME! That was just Too Cool. Send that to CNN, or better yet one of those $100,000 video contests. I'd love to be your neighbor.B)

Let'sgoflying! said:
is that really your house Chip?
Awwww, hell no. Somebody sent the link to me. I don't even put up Christmas lights. I don't care for Christmas very much. I'm a Thanksgiving kind of a guy.

gibbons said:
Awwww, hell no. Somebody sent the link to me. I don't even put up Christmas lights. I don't care for Christmas very much. I'm a Thanksgiving kind of a guy.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

The whole time, I thought this was your house, Chip! Oh well, hats off to this guy :yes::yes:

gibbons said:

Whew! I had posted about it and then deleted it thinking, "Oops, that could really *be* his house."

Skip Miller said:
I'll bet the neighbors are glad when Christmas is over....

-Skip

That was exactally what I was thinking. Oy! I wouldn't want to be across the street from that all night every night.

Missa

gibbons said:

Makes sense

Bill Jennings said:
Makes sense

Kinda cool but, to think he could've spent all that time & money on flying !
...or on taking a whole lot of naps.

Last edited:
As a non-hypenated American of Italian descent, a traditional Christmas to me starts on Christmas Eve with "the seven fishes". Usually part of the seven is made up of Smelts, Baklava (dried Cod), Calamari (squid), Whiting (I never ate that, and really don't know what it is) and after that its pretty much a crap shoot. Shrimp, mussels, clams, flounder, whatever as long as its some kind of seafood.

Christmas day starts with an "antipasto" which is an appetizer of meats and cheeses along with artichoke hearts and some other pickled vegetables. Next is escharol soup, then some type of pasta, usually either manicotti or ravioli with meatballs and sausage. Still hungry? Next is the traditiona Medagon (American) foods like Turkey, Ham, stuffing, mashed potatoes and some vegetables I just ignore. After that you explode and then wait for the turkey sandwiches and leftovers to come out in the evening. Basically, you just spent a minumum eight hours at or around the table, eating, drinking and talking all at the same time. And nobody listens, they just talk. :)

Since I live away from family now and my wife is German, I just kill an Estes Park Elk and cook it in the back yard over an open fire and eat it with a large knife like the Vikings. :)

Last edited:
Anthony, do you wear one of those Viking hats with the horns?

Toby said:
Anthony, do you wear one of those Viking hats with the horns?

You know Toby, I have this guys weekend fantasy where we all go away and eat and drink and enjoy the outdoors, hunt, fish, fly airplanes, hike, etc and then at the end of the day, go back to a big lodge where we can be guys and do the Viking feast, served by beer (or mead) wenches, laugh and throw bones to our dogs and.......then I wake up, put on my tie and go to work. Sigh......

I don't have a Viking hat, but I do have a Front Range Airport ball cap. :)

Back