Towered airport without Radar: Who has right of way?

Since you're convinced you did nothing wrong, why would you care who knows who you are?

Being right and still having annoying internet vigilantes cause trouble can coexist unfortunately...

Been there done that.

Think I fell off the turnip truck yesterday? Why on EARTH would I want to give you and other vindictive individuals here any personal information on me?

What are you smoking up there in Wyoming? Besides mogas fumes that is.

I don't give a flying f*uck who you are... I want to HEAR the controller thanking you...:yes:...

And if you are as smart as you pass yourself off to be, then your plane will not be in your name , but in a fictious name and a Delaware corp...

Your move sir..

Last edited:
You are making an assumption about why the other pilot altered his behavior. If I was #1 to land and heard that the #2 was gaining fast, I'd try to keep my speed up a bit. He was probably thinking he'd help you out with spacing. You're projecting your attitude onto him.

Yes I won :D Hahahaha! The sound of resignation in that other guy's voice when he acknowledged he was number two was priceless!

:lol:

The other pilot was a douchebag for altering his behavior based on what he heard and based on his perception that he was going to lose his position in line.

And of you are as smart as you pass yourself off to be, then your plane will not be in your name , but in a fictious name and a Delaware corp...

Still traceable.

You are making an assumption about why the other pilot altered his behavior. If I was #1 to land and heard that the #2 was gaining fast, I'd try to keep my speed up a bit. He was probably thinking he'd help you out with spacing. You're projecting your attitude onto him.

Yes I understand your argument and it is a good one, but what messes it up a little bit is that the tower clearly told both of us that I was number one as soon as I checked in with him. I had just been told maybe five seconds earlier that I was 50 knots faster. So he sped up AFTER he heard ATC telling me to keep my speed up and to expect to be number 1.

:rofl:...:lol:....:rofl:.....:lol:....

I am NOW convinced the who thing didn't happen at all and you sir, are full of bull.......

Carry one....

Give me ANY tail number, ANY one, and I will tell you who the owners of that plane are. I might have to spend some money but I will get all the information I want.

I've looked at your website and YOU'RE the one who is full of bull.

Give me ANY tail number, ANY one, and I will tell you who the owners of that plane are. I might have to spend some money but I will get all the information I want.

I've looked at your website and YOU'RE the one who is full of bull.

:yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn:

You said "The time through the bottleneck is controlled by the SLOWEST one in the single lane."

The time through for who? You need to look at the average time through the ENTIRE trip for ALL vehicles. And that average time goes up as the length of the bottleneck goes up. If people start vacating the lane ahead of the bottleneck they have effectively increased the length of the bottleneck. What my example was showing was to point out the boundary conditions where you look at the extremes. If the logic stands that the bottleneck means that what happens in the lane that terminates BEFORE IT TERMINATES is irrelevant which is what you imply, then as I pointed out in my example this means you may as well shut down that lane for 100 miles in both directions which is obviously crazy.

If you're one of those retards who vacates a lane three miles early because you anticipate it being closed up ahead, then you deserve it when I race on by in an empty lane and push in front of you.

:D

If this is what you think, you are a very confused person. The length of the bottleneck does not change. The length of the bottleneck is only that part of the highway limited to a single lane. It doesn't change.
The point on the highway at which all but one lane is closed is the beginning of the bottleneck. At that point regardless of how many lanes exist there is only one lane going forward.
Everyone before this point is in the queue. If it takes one minute extra to go through the bottleneck back on to unrestricted highway, everyone waiting to go through that bottleneck is delayed that one minute times the number of people ahead of them in the queue. As some point the people in the closed lanes must merge with the people in the open lane. Common courtesy would say you maintain you position and merge into a single file. If I was number ten in line I am delayed 10 minutes through the bottleneck but if some inconsiderate person from BEHIND me rushes up to the front and squeezes in to the single lane, I am now number eleven in line and delayed an extra minute.
When the sign says "LANE CLOSED" with an arrow to the open lane, what part of that don't you understand?
I think I saw you the other day, the CLOSED lane was full of idiots trying to squeezing in ahead of their turn and you were on the median passing all of those idiots trying to squeeze in front of them!

Very much like your race to the runway in the original post. :no:

Yes I won :D Hahahaha! The sound of resignation in that other guy's voice when he acknowledged he was number two was priceless!

:lol:

But again, I was CONSISTENT right back from well outside the class delta area. I was going as fast as I could initially at the top of the green arc, then when I established the air was smooth down low into the yellow arc. I did not change my speed once I entered into class delta. This is the important point. As I got closer to the runway I was consistent. The other pilot was not. He is the one who altered his behavior close to the runway.

All of you can jump on me like a bunch of rabid sheep all following each other and blame me but none of you can show that what I did was wrong. Because it was not. The other pilot was a douchebag for altering his behavior based on what he heard and based on his perception that he was going to lose his position in line.

I'd like to see if any of you have any backbone or ability for an independent opinion other than just repeating what all the other monkeys are saying here.

OK. Since we're all "stoopid", as you say, rather than wasting your time here bragging about how you beat another spam can to your destination, why don't you make an appointment with your local FSDO and ask an inspector if you violated any rules? Be sure to include all of the same commentary in your conversation. Heck, print out this thread. Be sure to bring your certificates with you as well. They enjoy hearing stories too, you know.

Yes I understand your argument and it is a good one, but what messes it up a little bit is that the tower clearly told both of us that I was number one as soon as I checked in with him. I had just been told maybe five seconds earlier that I was 50 knots faster. So he sped up AFTER he heard ATC telling me to keep my speed up and to expect to be number 1.

You keep forgetting the fact that you were originally suppose to follow him. Only reason why you ended up being number one was you sped up after you heard the sequence from center. You even admit speeding up. As if to say you know better than center when it comes to spacing. Doesn't matter what happened later, because when you failed to adjust your speed to follow, you screwed up the sequence. You also say the other aircraft sped up once tower told you that you were now number one. What evidence do you have of this? Perhaps he just maintained his speed and you just miscalculated how much faster you were.

We all fly aircraft that out perform others and are told to follow slower aircraft. Generally, we don't speed up or even maintain speed. We slow down. By the time you enter the class D the sequencing with other arrivals should already be established. This entire episode would have been prevented if you just slowed down a bit, intercept final behind pilot A, and follow him in. It's not like you were following a J-3 Cub.

Not that this isn't entertaining, but don't you guys get tired of arguing the same points page after page?

You keep forgetting the fact that you were originally suppose to follow him. Only reason why you ended up being number one was you sped up after you heard the sequence from center.

This is the weird disconnect he does not seem to understand...the other guy is a jerk for speeding up to attempt to change the sequencing, but he is not a jerk for speeding up to attempt to change the sequencing...FIRST. :dunno:

This is the weird disconnect he does not seem to understand...the other guy is a jerk for speeding up to attempt to change the sequencing, but he is not a jerk for speeding up to attempt to change the sequencing...FIRST. :dunno:

Now I admit, I've gone into airports in the Glasair before knowing someone in front is slower and I maintained my speed hoping approach will sneak me in first. This is like 30 miles out though and not bearing down on the Class D. Once, I hear that I'm not going to be number 1, game over. I slow my aircraft, drop the flaps, S-turn, do whatever is necessary to follow.

Now I admit, I've gone into airports in the Glasair before knowing someone in front is slower and I maintained my speed hoping approach will sneak me in first. This is like 30 miles out though and not bearing down on the Class D. Once, I hear that I'm not going to be number 1, game over. I slow my aircraft, drop the flaps, S-turn, do whatever is necessary to follow.

THANK YOU!

Finally someone with the balls and backbone to state something that we all do those of us with faster planes. I've had several times where faster planes than me (King Airs or whatever) come in fast exactly what I did and get sequenced in front of me. I don't get my panties in a wad complaining about it or trying to foil them.

Even though you may not agree with me Velocity173 thank you for having the guts to have a differing view from all these other monkeys.

The weird disconnect you seem to be having, perhaps due to a mental defect, is that my speed up was known to ATC and REQUESTED TO CONTINUE. His speedup was sneaky and in DIRECT OPPOSITION to ATC requests.

I give up trying to argue with you morons.

Bugger off all of you.

Absolutely, and he wouldn't be defending his actions so vigorously if he were face to face and within arm's reach. The safety and anonymity of a keyboard provides good cover for the trolls.

Yeah whatever. Same applies to you big guy.

When the sign says "LANE CLOSED" with an arrow to the open lane, what part of that don't you understand?

Ask yourself where is the lane closed? Where the sign is placed or where it is actually closed?

It is closed where it is actually closed not where the sign is.

Give up trying to argue that we should all bail out of a closing lane 10 miles before it closes. You're making yourself look like an idiot. Not saying your are but your actions and arguments are kind of pointing in that direction.

Clearly, it's time to use the Thread Ignore feature.

Please explain how this is a "typical Cirrus pilot," as the hate-tagger has suggested.

Think I fell off the turnip truck yesterday? Why on EARTH would I want to give you and other vindictive individuals here any personal information on me?

And there's the proof. Yet you claim you did NOTHING wrong, so what exactly are you scared of? This entire story is BS, and you're fishing. Why do we feed trolls(sigh - I just did it too)....

And there's the proof. Yet you claim you did NOTHING wrong, so what exactly are you scared of? This entire story is BS, and you're fishing. Why do we feed trolls(sigh - I just did it too)....

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Five inch boy who chooses to be anonymous admonishes me for wanting to be anonymous...

:rofl:

As for this "story" being BS. Believe whatever you want to believe. I got what I needed to know out of this thread which was (a) I'm not a nice person but that (b) what I did was perfectly legal and in fact required since it was requested by ATC.

I'd like to see if any of you have any backbone or ability for an independent opinion other than just repeating what all the other monkeys are saying here.

I was the first person to say to do the math in my first post. It was an "independent opinion". You don't want to hear it, but that's not my problem.

If you're down to calling people names you're just trolling now.

I was the first person to say to do the math in my first post. It was an "independent opinion". You don't want to hear it, but that's not my problem.

If you're down to calling people names you're just trolling now.

He was trolling from his very first post.......

Attachments

• TrollSpray.jpg
    TrollSpray.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 49
Well, guys, we could kill this thread by simply not responding to the troll. That eliminates his fun of baiting people, and that's all he does.

Well, guys, we could kill this thread by simply not responding to the troll. That eliminates his fun of baiting people, and that's all he does.

I play along just to see his next STUPID comments......

Free entertainment ya know...:yes:..:D....:lol:

I'm pretty sure the airlines teach their pilots NOT to get into a race to final. if you want to race, take up racing, but don't make a racetrack out of the pattern. Let the other guy go first. Then HE lets you go first....

Planes never run into each other if they know about each other. Well, almost never.

Work it out.

If everyone just put him on ignore like I did, then there wouldn't be any feeding;)

I'm not the one doing the baiting. I posted a legitimate thread then was attacked by multiple posters here. I had not posted on this thread since Friday when three inch boy decided to come on here, insults flying, and obviously attempting to bait me.

Like I said before, I welcome discussion. I should not have called you all monkeys and/or morons. Only some of you are :D.

I'm all for letting this die out now. It is quite simple. Just stop insulting me. Really quite simple.

Hope you're all having a lovely Sunday. I certainly am.

Insane: you take things too personally. There will always be opinionated (and sometimes self righteous) people who thinks their opinion are better than yours, there will always slow drivers hogging the left lane, and regardless of what your write on the internet, it will always get taken in the wrong way.

I, too drive fast (but not an a-hole) and it annoys me to no end when someone slow in the left lane speeds up so I can't pass. Once after having a bad day at the office, I followed a guy off the exit and our altercation almost escalated into NHL style fist fight. Little did I know, the guy's mother was in the hospital and he, too was just frustrated to no end. After learning that we both calmed down and spoke for about an hour.

You may just wanna chalk it up as if the other person is having an off day and let it go (please don't start singing that song).

Life is too short and flying is fun.

P.S. - you may wanna just re-read some of your posts and ask yourself if they come across a bit sophomoric and perhaps could be phrased differently.

Last edited:
You may just wanna chalk it up as if the other person is having an off day and let it go (please don't start singing that song).

Damn you! Now it is stuck in my head... :D

Back