Towbar Prop Strike

Years ago I got hit skipped. A witness got a description of the car and a partial match on the plate. A paralegal coworker used her law firm's online search system to find the VIN # which I duly turned over to my insurance. Insurance co's lawyer got a summary judgement in court and garnished the driver's wages for something like 10 years until one day I got a check for my deductible in the mail. Just an anecdote of how the system can work for or against you - depending on your perspective I suppose.

You need the advice of a lawyer, not advice from the internet.

Did you receive a release from the owner after you handed him $6500 ?

You don't have to initiate any legal action. The insurance has to initiate action against you if they want anything. And again, you need the advice of an attorney, not any of us spitballing. Your attorney would probably tell them that you already paid their insured $6500 to settle any damage he suffered and that you have no recoverable assets.

UPDATE FROM OP:

Unfortunately, this prop strike incident has risen back from the dead.

3 months have passed since I paid the owner $6500 for "loss of revenue" (as stated in my previous be post). However, I just received a letter directly from the owner's insurance company........

Out of curiosity, how did this letter arrive? Certified mail? Or just a regular letter in among the normal bills and such.?

Would have to think that, if it didn't come certified mail, that's an indication the insurance company is just trying to "shake the tree" as another poster pointed out.

Perhaps it is not a club set up but just some guy with a couple planes?

Yes, IT IS a very "small" flight club set up by some guy with a couple of planes.

Out of curiosity, how did this letter arrive? Certified mail? Or just a regular letter in among the normal bills and such.?

Yes, the insurance letter arrived by certified mail.

Anyways, gentlemen, thank y'all very much for pointing me in the right direction. For all intents and purposes, nobody gave me legal advice.

I take full responsibility for the incident, but when people try to milk when I do the right thing, it makes me lose respect for the general aviation community which, until now, I thought was a group built on trust and ethics. I was naïve.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back