Tow Pilot needed - Southern MN

tonycondon

Gastons CRO (Chief Dinner Reservation Officer)
Display Name

Display name:
Tony
Don Ingraham is looking for a towpilot in Fairbault, MN (KFBL). He tows with a Rallye (sp?) with 235 HP. ive never flown it but have always wanted to. looks like fun. His email said you have to have 150 hrs, im not sure if thats correct, I think he meant 250 (commercial). He can take care of High Performance and Tow Endorsements if needed. I have no idea what the pay would be but it would certainly be a fun way to build some time. check out www.crosscountrysoaring.com for contact info.

Ready to quit that cushy engineering job Lance?? :)

How does such a job normally pay?

How many tows typically in a weekday and weekend day?

How much time does a normal tow take?

i have no idea what towpilots out there at commercial ops make, we dont get paid in the club. tows to 2000 feet take 5-15 minutes depending on the aircraft, glider, density altitude. i believe Don said in his email that you can view his training schedule calendar back a year or so to get an idea of how busy they stay.

Never could get the airline interviewers to believe that towing should be considered a multiengine training tool, though...ya keep having those "engine failures" that require a big stab of rudder one way or the other to hold heading ;)

Fly safe!

David

Back