Tougher than a tornado Husky down AGAIN!

yakdriver

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
yellow peril
The AOPA tougher than a Tornado Husky is down for a third time and probably out. The owner from Idaho dropped it in last year and got the left wing and gear. It was rebuilt and sold to a guy in Arizona who rolled it up in a ball on take off a few weeks ago. I don't think I would want to own it if it is fixed again. This airplane has had a hard short life. Don

Even if it could be fixed...would you really want it? There are plenty of perfectly good non-damaged Huskies out there...

Even if it could be fixed...would you really want it? There are plenty of perfectly good non-damaged Huskies out there...

At the right price, sure.

I got pretty close to buying one a couple of years back. It was an A model and had been rolled into a ball about 4 years earlier. The factory put it back together on their jigs, it had new paint and new fabric. Price was a fraction of a B or C model. Then I realized that I had absolutely no use for the plane :D .

The sad thing is that Huskys are so easy to fly... for a tailwheel. Cubs, Champs, etc. are all harder.

Ryan

Back