Touchup Paint for Cessna

mmspeare

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
OutlawPilot
Can anyone make a recommendation on a good product to use for small nick touchup on my Cessna 182T? I assume it is Vestal White. I appreciate the advice!

Can anyone make a recommendation on a good product to use for small nick touchup on my Cessna 182T? I assume it is Vestal White. I appreciate the advice!
Can get it from Cessna at tremendously inflated prices, or match as best you can with auto touch up paint.

Take an inspection cover to a paint shop. They will match it perfectly.

Take an inspection panel to an auto-body shop for a "profit" on thier color smelling machine ....have them mix in urethane....load up the gun , tape it off and hit it...

if its truly just a tiny place rustoleum gloss might surprise you

Depends upon how anal you are about a flawless match.
If all you are after is to protect from corrosion, and not have the chip "jump out" at you, just take a panel to the local (auto) paint store, and have them "take a picture" of it with their photo spectrometer, and mix up a few ounces of single stage urethane.
It will match just fine for brushing small nicks and chips. Cost about $25.
Don't get any hardner/catylist, for small brush touchups, you won't need it, it will dry just fine.
For a flawless seamless repair, hire someone that knows what they're doing, $1000+?

Dave Wartofsky used to be out there with cans of green krylon touching up his plane back in the day. I hear he got it professionally repainted finally.

If you get urethane based paint (Imron, etc...) be very careful if you spray it. The stuff is toxic at levels too low to smell bad.

Back