• >5000

Votes: 5 5.9%

• Total voters

pcorman

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Phil Corman
I just reached 500 hours total time, and was curious how many hours other Private Pilots have in their lifetime.

Oh, well, Geez. I did the poll first then read your note. I am an ATP pro pilot. Does that count? Over 17,000 TT and around 7,000 or so PIC.

lancefisher said:
Didn't we just do this last week?

Well, this one has a different hour breakdown. Besides, maybe some folks did enough flying since the last one to move up a notch!:)

I see at least 2 people that don't know how to read.:D

Greg Bockelman said:
Oh, well, Geez. I did the poll first then read your note. I am an ATP pro pilot. Does that count? Over 17,000 TT and around 7,000 or so PIC.

Oops. Me, too (not reading thread/post first, that is).

Erm, the topic says total time, as does the post, but the poll says PIC.

<-- Is easily cofnudes...

Greg Bockelman said:
Care to explain?

...was curious how many hours other Private Pilots...

ATP's would be excluded, CFI's would be excluded, even someone with just a commerical would be excluded, since you are no longer a private pilot - you are a commercial pilot. Unless of course you only have a commercial in a single, but not in a twin...Hmmmmm....

Hey Phil - what DO you want to know? LOL

N2212R said:
...was curious how many hours other Private Pilots...

ATP's would be excluded, CFI's would be excluded, even someone with just a commerical would be excluded, since you are no longer a private pilot - you are a commercial pilot.

3500 hour ATP/CFI, but I moved to a COM cert at ~2700 hours. Am I allowed to enter that number (I was a private pilot up to that point)?

Unless of course you only have a commercial in a single, but not in a twin...Hmmmmm....

Well, if we are dissecting nits, a COM w/ private privileges is still a COM certificate holder. IOW, in your example the person does not hold a private certificate for twins, s/he holds a COM certificate with private privileges for twins.

Greebo said:
Erm, the topic says total time, as does the post, but the poll says PIC.

<-- Is easily cofnudes...

Bingo. That's why I entered the poll.

Thats what I ended up putting in too. I'm a 150 hr pilot now but I had a lot more dual than you usually see when I took my PPL - I think about 60 hrs dual. (Changed instructors, took breaks, etc.)

Don't have my log book with me (at work right now) but last I checked, my TT was somewhere around 425, of which about 280 PIC.

Liz

Well: I was commercial instrument from the day I graduated from military flight school; so, guess I don't count ---seeesh!! ;) Can't track all my military time--was too young to keep my own logs and some of my records were lost overseas, but 2,000 total is a safe estimate.

Dave

Back