Tornado hits Embry Riddle

gismo

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
iGismo
According to the TV news, a large number of planes were damaged (like 50-60) and many destroyed in today's bad weather that swept across Florida.

Oh, man... that stinks... that would really put a dent in your flight training - literally. Thanks for sharing the pics - I hadn't heard of this until now.

That's a whole lot a scrap metal now. Also a huge insurance claim.

Probably enough of a claim to make it worthwhile to prepay aircraft insurance policies before the financial impact raises rates across the board.

Oh man. That is bad. Very bad. :(

Note that the tie-down chain failed, but the tie-down ring on the plane did not.

It's really bad when you can't even tell what some of the planes were before they were wrapped up into a ball. :eek:

It was ugly all across northern Florida yesterday. Too bad about ERAU, I guess spare parts for late model Cessnas will be a bit easier to get in the near future though.

What a shame. I guess Cessna has some work cut out for them.

A friend of mine who attends ERAU said he heard ERAU is planning to have the entire fleet replaced by the second semester (January 10th), however I find that to be quite a lofty goal. They'll have to borrow airplanes somehow or another.

Sad to see 50 of the 65 aircraft in the fleet just ripped to shreds. :dunno:

Back