Took daughter on first flight...

charris911

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
charris911
Wife flew with me a few weeks ago, and approved the adventure. That was her first flight.

Nice flight, Sugar Land, Houston Class B I-10 Corridor, Galveston (flew down he beach a little ways), and return.

11-year old was super excited. She had a great time. I was about her age, the day, my dad asked me to load up in the at-the-time brand new Piper Tomahawk!!!

Was in a Cessna Skycatcher, this morning, beautiful view. Easy handling, one of the approach controllers, did ask me a few times "what kind of Cessna???"...."is that a low-wing aircraft?"

"Cessna 162"..."NO...high-wing". Anyway...time of my life.

Sounds fantastic. My wife and I are expecting our first, so this is something I'm looking forward to in the future.

I love flying the kids, each time whoever sits in front falls asleep. It is quite the high ( no pun intended)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
I love flying the kids, each time whoever sits in front falls asleep. It is quite the high ( no pun intended)

Okie that is awsome!!! I was worried that was gonna happen, too!!!

My wife askede her, what "the best part of the flight was?"

Daughter said..."probably the cookies and Dr. Pepper at the airport", compliments of the Galveston FBO! Ugh oh well...hahaha!

Okie that is awsome!!! I was worried that was gonna happen, too!!!

My wife askede her, what "the best part of the flight was?"

Daughter said..."probably the cookies and Dr. Pepper at the airport", compliments of the Galveston FBO! Ugh oh well...hahaha!

Great airport to fly to! I live in Lake Jackson and am about half way through getting my PPL. I'm close go Galveston and that's the first airport other than my own that I have flown to. Going along the beach is beautiful.

Back