Too much SPIN-not enough ROTATE

ApacheBob

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
ApacheBob
The spin zone is pretty busy these days. Talk is cheap. Talk is definitely cheaper than AvGas (although Capitol Airport by Milwaukee is charging less than $3 for 100LL).
I guess people would rather talk politics than go flying.
That is it. I am boycotting the Spin Zone until I go flying again!
Now if the weather would just warm up a little bit.:) :blueplane:
ApacheBob

Last edited:
The spin zone is pretty busy these days. Talk is cheap. Talk is definitely cheaper than AvGas (although Capitol Airport by Milwaukee is charging less than $3 for 100LL).
I guess people would rather talk politics than go flying.
That is it. I am boycotting the Spin Zone until I go flying again!
Now if the weather would just warm up a little bit.:) :blueplane:
ApacheBob

Filter my spin zone comments with this in mind:

METAR PATW 071859Z 36030G40KT 3SM -SNBLSN OVC040 M27/M31 A2930 RMK PASS ESTD CLSD NOSPECI

Filter my spin zone comments with this in mind:

METAR PATW 071859Z 36030G40KT 3SM -SNBLSN OVC040 M27/M31 A2930 RMK PASS ESTD CLSD NOSPECI
Shoot man, tie a rope to the nose wheel, get in there and start flying... like a kite! :)

Our glider club was doing that (well, without the rope) in windy conditions last weekend - of course, no take-off was occurring, but you could balance the glider on that one wheel if you paid attention!

glad you have seen the light Bob.

Our glider club was doing that (well, without the rope) in windy conditions last weekend - of course, no take-off was occurring, but you could balance the glider on that one wheel if you paid attention!

I love "windjamming". Its much easier with the airbrakes out as that forces air out over the ailerons. On my Comm checkride in Marfa we did a simulated off field landing to the dirt runway at the airport and ended up between the main runways and a taxiway. Examiner told me to windjam there and he would go get the truck. Joked that if I dropped a wing I would fail. Needless to say the wind is strong in SW Texas and the glider was still level when he returned.

Back