Today's Lesson--C150 revisited

spiderweb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ben
Didn't take the Zlin today, and my CFI had just sold the C172, so it was off to the C150. I haven't flown this 'lil girl for a couple of years, and didn't think I was missing much. Guess what--I really enjoyed myself. Compared to the Zlin, the responses are sluggish (I hear you Tiger/Extra/Pitts drivers laughing), but there's something real sweet about a C150.

She's an airplane, nice 'n simple. Not much in the way of avionics, except for a good LORAN, but she flies straight and true. The Zlin has only one NAV head, and so does the C150, so it was good practice on that score, as well. (The Zlin has a glideslope, though.) Another thing in the C150's favor was the fact that on approach it was so leisurely, that even with PP there was plenty of time to keep up with the procedings. Oh, and so, so easy to land.

So, the flight was a simple hop over to KFDK to do the LOC Rwy 23 there, a touch and go, and back to KBWI for the "just like mom used to make" VOR Rwy 28, Circle-to-land Rwy 33R.

Sweet 'n easy.

:yinyang:

Such an honest plane, I love to get a little time in one every month or so. Dirt cheap to fly, everything happens in slow motion like the approaches you mention, the little thing just makes you smile! I miss mine.

Let'sgoflying! said:
Such an honest plane, I love to get a little time in one every month or so. Dirt cheap to fly, everything happens in slow motion like the approaches you mention, the little thing just makes you smile! I miss mine.

Cheap is good right now, too. Once I get to the end of May, I need to be flying three or four times per week!

Back