Today's flight

Richard

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ack...city life
Today, in several hours, I fly a x/c in my plane with a new POA member I just 'met'. It turns out he lives nearby to the aprt I keep my bird. Seems like a nice guy. He says he's not an axe murderer, although I didn't ask if he was out on parole. If I'm not back in 2 days tops you know why.

BTW, he has a really great webpage of his pics. I love the 1,000 agl obstruction symbol in his trademark.

ha ha, JS

Care to share the link Richard?

And who is this new member? Let's welcome him aboard.

Jay, there are four clues to his ID provided you. I'll report when I get back...IF I make it back. Aviation is a messy business, you know.

That's odd, it shows one post by him, but if you click on it, it doesn't show.

nick ive actually noticed that a lot with newly joined members, dunno why.

Today, in several hours, I fly a x/c in my plane with a new POA member I just 'met'. It turns out he lives nearby to the aprt I keep my bird. Seems like a nice guy. He says he's not an axe murderer, although I didn't ask if he was out on parole. If I'm not back in 2 days tops you know why.
Interesting point that you bring up. :yes:

When my son lived in California, I had the same concerns when I flew with "PoAers" that I had never met in person (Michael and Joe). My son and I worked out a secret deal. He was to call me on my cell at a certain time to see if I was OK, and my predetermined response would tell him if I was or not. He was a bit worried about me, but decided that I knew what I was doing. After flying with Michael the first time, I returned to my son's home and visited with a friend of his who couldn't believe that I went flying with a man I "met on the internet". I tried to explain that I checked these guys out first. He just shook his head, and told my son that his mother was crazy. :) Although, that WAS the time that Michael and I got weathered in at the normally deserted drugrunner strip in the middle of nowhere. :eek: We were on our way to meet Richard for the first time. It was an interesting (and fun!) day. :)

Last edited:
...Although, that WAS the time that Michael and I got weathered in at the normally deserted drugrunner strip in the middle of nowhere. :eek: We were on our way to meet Richard for the first time. It was an interesting (and fun!) day. :)

...reason being, pilots (as a group) tend to be good eggs.

The distilled essence of cool is found right here... and Diana is the Queen!

That's odd, it shows one post by him, but if you click on it, it doesn't show.

Because the post is in the "I'm real let me post" thread/forum, that only management/unverified members can see.

Last edited:

BTW, he has a really great webpage of his pics. I love the 1,000 agl obstruction symbol in his trademark.

ha ha, JS

OK, so we fly up here to San Luis Obispo. The plan was for me to wait here at the FBO while Richard did some personal business... sooo, sitting around bored, I get on the net and put in a (losing) bid for a military flight jacket on eBay... OK, now what... Oh, OK, I will visit the POA board...

Ack! I am famous! Oh wait... that just means he is afraid I am going to hijack him! Dang, I picked the wrong time to leave my axe at home. I guess he is safe this time!

OK, if you don't see me on the chat board again, you will know what he did to me.

LOL, OK, so that is why he asked me this morning if I had checked the POA board... and why he said "good" when I said that I didn't. :)

Judd

After flying with Michael the first time, I returned to my son's home and visited with a friend of his who couldn't believe that I went flying with a man I "met on the internet".
Too funny Diana! I have not yet gone flying with any of my "internet friends", but I get similar comments, mostly from the people I work with, my flying buddies. I found out one of them came along with me to dinner when I was meeting people from the Babes board for the first time because he was afraid of what he was going to have to tell the office the next day when I didn't show up back at the hotel. He ended up having a great time.

OK, so we fly up here to San Luis Obispo. The plan was for me to wait here at the FBO while Richard did some personal business... sooo, sitting around bored, I get on the net and put in a (losing) bid for a military flight jacket on eBay... OK, now what... Oh, OK, I will visit the POA board...

Ack! I am famous! Oh wait... that just means he is afraid I am going to hijack him! Dang, I picked the wrong time to leave my axe at home. I guess he is safe this time!

OK, if you don't see me on the chat board again, you will know what he did to me.

LOL, OK, so that is why he asked me this morning if I had checked the POA board... and why he said "good" when I said that I didn't. :)

Judd
Nice webpage on the Freighter trip, I wasted waaay too much time today looking at that.:yes:

Too funny Diana! I have not yet gone flying with any of my "internet friends", but I get similar comments, mostly from the people I work with, my flying buddies. I found out one of them came along with me to dinner when I was meeting people from the Babes board for the first time because he was afraid of what he was going to have to tell the office the next day when I didn't show up back at the hotel. He ended up having a great time.

OH! Is THAT the real reason Two Beers came along!!!!! :eek:

Really two girls and a crotchey old man.... big threats to your safety!

He must have felt really comfortable real fast (or really scared) with us since he started to imbibe two GIGATIC beers almost immediately!

Missa

Nice webpage on the Freighter trip, I wasted waaay too much time today looking at that.:yes:

I liked that as well. I have considered doing some travel like that. Especially after I read John McPhee's book, Looking for a Ship http://www.johnmcphee.com/looking.htm

It is all about the Merchant Marine and John's experiences sailing ships while doing research.

Kent may want to catch his latest book, http://www.johnmcphee.com/uncommoncarriers.htm, about the trucking industry and other type of carriage

Last edited:
The distilled essence of cool is found right here... and Diana is the Queen!
Awww. :redface: Spike, you've been kissing the Blarney Stone again, but still...you're a sweetie. :blowingkisses:

BTW, I always enjoy it when you accidentally call me. :)

I liked that as well. I have considered doing some travel like that. Especially after I read John McPhee's book, Looking for a Ship http://www.johnmcphee.com/looking.htm

It is all about the Merchant Marine and John's experiences sailing ships while doing research.

Kent may want to catch his latest book, http://www.johnmcphee.com/uncommoncarriers.htm, about the trucking industry and other type of carriage
Thanks for the tip Scott, I've always enjoyed John McPhee's articles in the New Yorker.

Well, I don't know what was with Richard, but he said he was tired of this forum and he asked me to tell you all not to expect to see him here again and he doesn't want anybody here to try to contact him. He said he is moving on to other interests. He sold his plane to me however, so if you see his plane, that is probably me in it. I hit a cow on the runway, so there is blood all over in it. Don't worry about that, I will clean it off myself.

Anybody else want to go flying??? :)

Judd

Well, I don't know what was with Richard, but he said he was tired of this forum and he asked me to tell you all not to expect to see him here again and he doesn't want anybody here to try to contact him. He said he is moving on to other interests. He sold his plane to me however, so if you see his plane, that is probably me in it. I hit a cow on the runway, so there is blood all over in it. Don't worry about that, I will clean it off myself.

Anybody else want to go flying??? :)

Judd

:hairraise::eek::hairraise::eek::hairraise::eek:

So tell us Judd, are you getting into doing BBQ? I hear the secrets in the sauce ;)

Back