Today

Richard

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ack...city life
I met an Embry-Riddle recruiter who stated they require all their CFIs to hold a Masters degree. Uh huh....

I spoke for several hours with the chief mechanic of Delmar Benjamen's Gee Bee R-1. Delmar got into the game too late to allow the General to witness his high speed low pass (20 agl) with a roll to inverted. The General of course was Gen Doolittle.

During Gulf War 1, "Stormin Norman" Schwarzkopf asked for the "best pilot we have". General Schwarzkopf wanted this pilot to fly him over the theater. After several flights involving intense evasive maneuvers due to AAA, he presented the pilot with 1 of five gold coins--complete with four stars--he had minted.

Several years later, that pilot gave the gold coin to my friend as a gift of appreciation for the many years of his friendship. Such is the bond of men who have remained together since their time on the ground in Viet Nam.

And I met for an hour or so with a recruiter hiring pilots. It went very well.

All in all, this was a great day.

Last edited:
I think the sky is the prettiest. Especially when you're up there with the world at your feet.
--
Aunt Bea

Did aunt Bea really say that?

John

I met an Embry-Riddle recruiter who stated they require all their CFIs to hold a Masters degree. Uh huh....

Anything they can do to try to convince people to sign up for the school. As an ERAU student, I love going to the airshows they have a tent at, and then asking questions, as if I wasn't a student. Lots of fun at the end to say, "well, I know you have a job to do, but what you said is just total BS".

I think the sky is the prettiest. Especially when you're up there with the world at your feet.
--
Aunt Bea

Did aunt Bea really say that?

John
It sounds about right. Remember, there was an episode of the Andy Griffith show in which she learned to fly. She made it to solo.

It sounds about right. Remember, there was an episode of the Andy Griffith show in which she learned to fly. She made it to solo.

She soloed at that airport in rural North Carolina that looks just like southern California.

I have the DVD of the episode where she soloed. She did say that.

Back