Today, lots of sweat, but mostly because it was hot

spiderweb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ben
Much better today. Much more organized. Only blooper was setting 289 for a FAC instead of 279. I caught the error (with a hint) before being turned on the FAC, though. On my first PP NPA, I let the needle deflect halfway, but I was calm about it. I corrected smoothly, announced the fact that I was correcting, and then kept the needle within one dot for the rest of the approach. We flew the same approach again, this time much more accurately. Back at BWI, I flew that PP VOR approach pretty well, too (with the exception of the intial erroneous setting I mentioned above). All in all, I feel much better.

Thursday it will be DME ARCS, NDB holds, and an ILS.

Oh, BTW, my landings were back to being good.

Funny story: on the LOC4 Appr at KESN, I got a compliment on the Zlin from another guy in the pattern. He said, "Ah, the Zlin. Nothing beats an airplane that you can do aerobatics in and then shoot an ILS on the way home!" I loved it!

...and for goodness skes, don't forget to bone-up on the new PTS (the special Ben Myers West Texas Limited Edition).

It's just for wood-winged Citation pilots.

Haha! Our version includes an inverted BC app to CatIII mins. Don't forget to roll upright at wingspan plus 10!

Let'sgoflying! said:
Haha! Our version includes an inverted BC app to CatIII mins. Don't forget to roll upright at wingspan plus 10!

And remember that the reverse sensing of a BC is cancelled by being inverted.

Back