Today is one of the two happiest days!

catmandu

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Catmandu
Ownership-wise, and my first, diluted at that (20% for me).

Not what I wanted, but as it turns out, what is right.

And I am happy!

Looking forward to actually being able to act on those 'today would be a great day to fly' moments!

The good news is that it's yours on the day you fly it. The even better news is that it's not yours on the days you don't fly it (which is most of them) and on those days you don't have to pay for it.

And I am happy!

Looking forward to actually being able to act on those 'today would be a great day to fly' moments!

Photos!! Or it didn't happen!

And I am happy!

Congrats! And where on the Eastern Shore are you based?

Photos!! Or it didn't happen!

Yeah, woeful inadequacy for a proud new owner on that front. Here's a photo of the latest addition to the key rack:

keys.jpg

And thanks to Flightaware, a photo of my PA-28R-200:

plane.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations! That's a nice looking machine. Many good time to come!

Look forward to reading about your adventures in your new steed.

Ahh yes, and the serendipity of the fuel truck in the background.
Just think, and in two years you will remember $7.00 gas (the good old days) with great fondness.

Ahh yes, and the serendipity of the fuel truck in the background.
Just think, and in two years you will remember $7.00 gas (the good old days) with great fondness.

G*d I hope not. :(

So now you can officially mumble things like "now where did I put the key to the plane"

So now you can officially mumble things like "now where did I put the key to the plane"

Believe me, I am already contemplating something like a copy of the keys in every car, just to keep time meant for flying from turning into time driving back home.

My keychain:

Keys to house
Keys to old house (grr... Trying to sell it)
Keys to car
Keys to truck
Keys to 310
Keys to Aztec (going away soon)

I used to also hve the keys to the Navajo on here.

Congrats! It is, indeed, a happy day. :)

Airplane keys are fabulous things to have! :yes: Only owners get that special privilege. ENJOY!

I live just over the Bay Bridge, but the plane is based at Tipton.

Congratulations. Never been over to Tipton before. Seems like an easy spot to violate Bravo. I know of one of the people who rent planes from my flight school will fly over there. Seems like a waste to go from GAI to Tipton. Probably spend more time taxiing.

Congrats on the bird. Arrow is a great plane but we need panel pic man! Now get to it!:D

I keep my key in my flight bag.

I will not go flying without my flight bag, so my key goes with me every time.

:D

Congratulations!

My plane key is on my main set of keys that I always have with me... Simply because if I decide to go flying, I don't want to have to go home and fetch the key. And I'm not brave enough to just leave it in the plane (even though I have a hangar).

Airplane keys are fabulous things to have! :yes: Only owners get that special privilege. ENJOY!

Heh. I had a CFI friend who had all of the older vintage Cessna keys.

He didn't own and could open any Cessna on the ramp at will. ;)

There weren't that many cuts of those keys. They all fit on one ring he kept in his flight bag.

Congrats on the bird. Arrow is a great plane but we need panel pic man! Now get to it!:D

. . . I am a little slow, but finally, the panel:

romeopanel.jpg

Oh, and spare keys are now available near the airport, for my CRS moments. :D

Last edited:
Congrats. Sometimes I wish I only owned 20 percent of a plane and not a 100 percent. After owning mine for 5 years I can say I wish to own the back 20 percent, that has been the part that cost the least to maintain.

Congrats. Sometimes I wish I only owned 20 percent of a plane and not a 100 percent. After owning mine for 5 years I can say I wish to own the back 20 percent, that has been the part that cost the least to maintain.

Sharing cost does change your mindset.

Pilot's seat was blown out, needed new webbing and foam. The day after I bought my share, I was looking at it, thinking "I've done some boat upholstery, I could do this as a gift to the crew." But a few days later, one of the other guys got a quote around $250 to make it happen, and I said to myself "20% of that is not so bad!"

Sat in the professionally rebuilt seat today, and knew it was $50 well spent!

Heh. I had a CFI friend who had all of the older vintage Cessna keys.

He didn't own and could open any Cessna on the ramp at will. ;)

There weren't that many cuts of those keys. They all fit on one ring he kept in his flight bag.
I returned from a trip one time in my Mooney 201 and one of the radios crapped out on the flight. I called the avionics shop the next day and asked them to take a look. I said I'd bring the key out that afternoon. The mechanic called me back 10 minutes later. "The key to my tool box opened your airplane."

Back