To those who have served our country

RotaryWingBob

En-Route
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iHover
It's Veterans Day! Thank you for serving.

To my fellow VN vets, and to all who have served in our nation's wars, Welcome Home!

D 5/7, 1969

Yes, thanks to all who have served and I know there are several on this board. You are ALL heroes to me. THANKS!

Thanks and appreciation to our military men and women past and present.

terry

Many thanks for the benefits we all enjoy because of all the USA Veterans' sacrifices, both large and small, in all the different places and ways they served.

Especially those that saw combat or are out there now......

Thank You

Thanks to all those that have served and continue serving our Country today. I appreciate the freedoms you all provide to my family.

I called my dad yesterday and thanked him as I do every Veterans' Day. I know it means a lot to him.

He told me he recently visited a new museum at the camp where he mustered out of the Army after WWII. There was a man on the tour who had questions about some of the sidearms displayed and the tour guide didn't seem to be fully briefed on them. My dad took the fellow aside and told him what he was seeing and explained some things. At the end of the tour the fellow found my dad and thanked him for explaining things. Then he thanked him for serving. My dad's voice very seldom cracks but it did a little when he was telling me that.

Thanks to all who served and are serving.

I was proud to serve and will always stand by those who have served and those currently protecting my freedoms.

Thank you for your service. My family and I appreciate your sacrifice and will always stand with you for making that sacrifice.

From one who served. (1964-1967)

"Welcome home brothers.. Welcome home."

Dakota Duce

"May All Your Flights Be Of Good Weather!"

My sister's a teacher at Custer High School (SD) and told me of their 11th annual Veteran's Day Program at their school. Those kids know and understand the meaning of the day and the significance it brings. The program this year started with presentation of the colors by the local CAP, and the national anthem played by the high school band. The Pledge of Allegance is recited. Local veterans were introduced by branch of service, and each veteran was presented with a rose and a hand salute by the cub scouts. There weren't many dry eyes observing the vets proudly returning the scout's salute. A few vets shared some words and memories, a slide show presentation with photos from a few of Custer's men and women currently serving overseas and some excerpts of letters from servicemen and women. Taps was played while observing a moment of silence in memory of those who did not come home and the program was concluded with striking the colors.

Yep, those kids get it.

Those who have, and are serving!

You have every ounce of my respect!!

Thanks from the bottom of my heart!

gkainz said:
My sister's a teacher at Custer High School (SD) and told me of their 11th annual Veteran's Day Program at their school. Those kids know and understand the meaning of the day and the significance it brings. The program this year started with presentation of the colors by the local CAP, and the national anthem played by the high school band. The Pledge of Allegance is recited. Local veterans were introduced by branch of service, and each veteran was presented with a rose and a hand salute by the cub scouts. There weren't many dry eyes observing the vets proudly returning the scout's salute. A few vets shared some words and memories, a slide show presentation with photos from a few of Custer's men and women currently serving overseas and some excerpts of letters from servicemen and women. Taps was played while observing a moment of silence in memory of those who did not come home and the program was concluded with striking the colors.

Yep, those kids get it.

There's alot of youngsters out there today that could learn alot from the students at Custer High. I wonder if the local airfield's got a $100 burger joint?

TDKendall said:
There's alot of youngsters out there today that could learn alot from the students at Custer High. I wonder if the local airfield's got a $100 burger joint?
The Wrangler serves a pretty decent buffalo burger ... it's a couple of miles into town from the field, tho. They're building a new FBO on the field that's considerably larger - wonder if they'll consider throwing in a greasy spoon grill? If you fly in during the summer, there's some great eating places open that are relatively close by.

Back