To the boat owners...

bluerooster

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
shorty
What would be a fair price to pull your pontoon out of the lake, (after sitting at the dock for a year or so) and give it a full detail. Pontoons and all. Shampoo the carpets, clean the wells, and cubbys, scrub the biminis, etc. You know, basically make it look as new as it did 8 years ago when it was new. :dunno:

What would be a fair price to pull your pontoon out of the lake, (after sitting at the dock for a year or so) and give it a full detail. Pontoons and all. Shampoo the carpets, clean the wells, and cubbys, scrub the biminis, etc. You know, basically make it look as new as it did 8 years ago when it was new. :dunno:

500 bucks...IMHO

That seems to be close to the high side. But not out of the ballpark. But I don't know, that's why I'm asking.

5-6 hundred would seem like the going price for a good job.

I understand that some places charge by the foot. Which is understandable, but what would be a fair price by the foot? So as to not overcharge the smaller boats, yet still make ok on the larger ones.

I understand that some places charge by the foot. Which is understandable, but what would be a fair price by the foot? So as to not overcharge the smaller boats, yet still make ok on the larger ones.

By the foot would be a good ball park starting point.... I have seen some pontoon boats in VERY neglected condition and it would be VERY expensive to detail those... IMHO..

It is unpleasant enough that you don't want to do it, so expect to pay.

Depending on how bad it is, I'd say $4-600+. It's a lot of work! :eek:

Figure something like $100-150 for the R&R and maybe $25/hr for the cleaning. 10-20 man hours of cleaning sounds about right.

Don't make any promises on the tubes....

Back