To New Digs

Lawreston

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
N7872G en route to new home for the Dec. through March months.
Heated hangar which used to house USN P-3C Orion aircraft.

HR

Attachments

• N7872G to KBXM.JPG
    N7872G to KBXM.JPG
    717.1 KB · Views: 71
Watch out for those power lines!

Watch out for those power lines!
It's the power lines in front that require watching, not the ones in the back.
Another view on a different day. (Love those 40° flaps)

HR

Attachments

• N7872G Ra.jpg
    N7872G Ra.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 23
  • N7872G Rb.jpg
    N7872G Rb.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 26
  • N7872G Rc.jpg
    N7872G Rc.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 27
N7872G en route to new home for the Dec. through March months.
Heated hangar which used to house USN P-3C Orion aircraft.

HR

Don't want to be shoveling snow and ice from the shady side of the hanger row?
:wink2:

That! But I'll still be volunteering to use the airport hangar condo association's mighty snow blower. The big snow removal equipment can only get just so close to the hangar doors. The Austin Healey and my 20' boat and trailer will be in the hangar(unless I find a
Wiscasset tie-down owner who'd like to rent my hangar space at a reduced rate). In that case I could relocate the boat/trailer back to Georgetown.
But at the big Hangar 6, to go flying I won't have to put up with(see below).

Attachments

• Hangar Ice1 030407.jpg
    Hangar Ice1 030407.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 13
  • Hangar Ice3 030407.jpg
    Hangar Ice3 030407.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 17
That! But I'll still be volunteering to use the airport hangar condo association's mighty snow blower. The big snow removal equipment can only get just so close to the hangar doors. The Austin Healey and my 20' boat and trailer will be in the hangar(unless I find a
Wiscasset tie-down owner who'd like to rent my hangar space at a reduced rate). In that case I could relocate the boat/trailer back to Georgetown.
But at the big Hangar 6, to go flying I won't have to put up with(see below).

If the "big snow removal" guys can't plow any closer to the hangars then that may I suggest they step down and give that position to more qualified people..... I have seen some operators purposely nick the corner of a hangar and do minimal damage just to use that as an excuse to plow a smaller area and go home earlier..... If their equipment was that hard to control there would be no way they could plow such a straight line as shown in your second pic..... And that plow run is lazer straight so I am sure they can get closer..... IMHO..

Last edited:
Those P-3 Orions must have been a tight fit in those hangars. :confused:

:eek:) Yeah; for sure. Even the twin engine plane next to me looks well-acquainted
with its surroundings.

HR
Later, I'll post a shot of N7872G in the winter quarters.

Attachments

• Hangar Ice4 030407.jpg
    Hangar Ice4 030407.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 10
  • Hangar Ice5 030407.jpg
    Hangar Ice5 030407.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 13
I'm not sure who actually handles the big-wheeled front loader at the airport. It may be a town employee rather than FBO personnel. (The airport is a Town of Wiscasset property).

HR

I'm not sure who actually handles the big-wheeled front loader at the airport. It may be a town employee rather than FBO personnel. (The airport is a Town of Wiscasset property).

HR

Yeah.... I am betting it is/was a government employee. Private sector workers are more apt to try and please the people they work for. They can and do lose their jobs alot easier then city employees.:mad2:;)

December 07: In the new digs for the winter(photo #1). The other photos show the massive Hangar 6 and the fourteen planes that are part of the Dec. - March winter
quarters.

HR

Attachments

• Hangar 6 Group_1.JPG
    Hangar 6 Group_1.JPG
    414.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Hangar 6 Group_3.JPG
    Hangar 6 Group_3.JPG
    656.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Hangar 6 Group_4.JPG
    Hangar 6 Group_4.JPG
    482.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Hangar 6 Group_5.JPG
    Hangar 6 Group_5.JPG
    611.1 KB · Views: 8
- - - and with a significant part of my own hangar suddenly available I moved something else into it. Under cover, it'll be a lot easier to do "spring maintenance" during the winter, rather than having it stored in the semi-open, old fire dept. station(with no electricity) on
my property.

HR

Attachments

• Northbound at KIWI.JPG
    Northbound at KIWI.JPG
    502.5 KB · Views: 2
Back