TMD/TMJ?

docmirror

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Cowboy - yeehah!
Any have it? Had it? Got rid of it? Tricks? Temp med relief?

It started with a little clicking in my jaw on the right about a month back. It comes and goes, not bad but when I move it wrong while chewing it'll give me a small jolt. I also notice my resting point for my jaw is now more forward, and my teeth aren't lining up like they used to without some light strain.

Haven't been to the dentist yet, but as far as I've heard, there's really nothing short of surgery to scrape the jaw bones and socket that can be done.

I hate getting old.

Any have it? Had it? Got rid of it? Tricks? Temp med relief?

It started with a little clicking in my jaw on the right about a month back. It comes and goes, not bad but when I move it wrong while chewing it'll give me a small jolt. I also notice my resting point for my jaw is now more forward, and my teeth aren't lining up like they used to without some light strain.

Haven't been to the dentist yet, but as far as I've heard, there's really nothing short of surgery to scrape the jaw bones and socket that can be done.

I hate getting old.

I am awaiting an appt to see my dentist right now about this. For me, my jaw had been clicking ever since I broke it a few years ago. Then, a few weeks ago, it just stopped, which I thought was awesome.

Until I found that I had limited mobility in my jaw (only opens about half an inch) and hurts like the dickens every time I eat. I fear the worst (wired again??!?).

My wife has had TMJ since her early 20's. Nearly identical issues you mention, with the occasional temporary lock jaw. The only thing that gives her relief is the chiropractor. She swears by it and is usually good for about 3 weeks symptom free.

Back