Title under my username

paflyer

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
PAFlyer
From FAQ: What is the title under my username?

500 [posts] = Position and Hold

Shouldn't that be "Line up and Wait"? :dunno:

And what's with displaying the poster's tag AND username?

Simple answer: Because.

Seriously your user ID is your permanent ID, your Screen Name or Tag as you call it can be changed and folks do change them from time to time. As for the Position and Hold, it just denotes your participation in the board ie post levels. Really not used much and as for why not change it to line up and wait well it just isn't that important.

Last edited:
When I feed my three mutts I make them go to their crates while I'm preparing their food (command = taxi to parking).

Then, once I put their bowls on the floor, they are allowed to approach and sit next to the bowls (command = position and hold).

Then they are released to eat (command = cleared for takeoff).

And sometimes I make them "taxi to parking" after they are told to "position and hold." And then we start over.

If I say "line up and wait" they look up at me like I'm stupid. I take that to mean that even dogs know that's a dumb thing to say! ;)

Lesson to be learned, never combine three pretty smart dogs with an overly anal retentive, control freak, pilot. Nothing good can ever come of it.

:)

Okay, back to your regularly scheduled programming!

Hey, just trying to have PoA ICAO compliant.

For the record I think "line up and wait" is the dumbest ATC instruction in the book.

I've taught my dog "redneck". Her release command to start consuming food is "Squeet"

As in the redneck way to say "Let's go eat"

Why? I am not sure I understand.

Well, to me it doesn't even make sense. "Line up" means "get behind someone", many times numerous someones. As in a queue.

If you're pulling out on to the runway...there aren't numerous someones in front of you..."lined up."

The "wait" part makes sense...sorta.

I need to get around to it.

Ask and he shall receive

Sep03a-round-tuit.jpeg

Back