Tips and tricks for the Lowrance Airmap 300

John Recine

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
John Recine
I have an Airmap 300 which although outdated and no longer supported by Lowrance works well. The only problem is updating the Jep database. The update cards are long gone away.

Anyone have any ideas on a download site to get the updated charts into the Lowrance Airmap 300 database card.

Naturally, Lowrance will offer the trade in credit of $100.00 towards a new unit, (selected models) not inclusive of the new 600.

I would prefer to keep the 300 and use it till it dies then move on to an updated unit.

Short of donating it, throwing it or replacing it, anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

John

Too bad they won't give you credit to the 600 other wise it would be a no brainer.

Not a clue on the db issue, I also face this with an old Garmin unit I have. I have been toying with the idea of getting the 600. So what will I do with the old unit? Probably just eBay it and see what I can get for it.

I might be able to sucker some guy into paying more than what it is worth, err that is if I can William to look at it on eBay. :hairraise:

Sorry William, it was a cheap shot, but you were an easy target for it, mea culpa :D:D:D

John I too had the Airmap 300 and liked it. Sorry to tell you but you can't get updates Beleive me I tried. Sigh. Trade it in my friend.

John,

I have an old GPS that I keep in the glove box of my plane just in case I need it for any reason. I replaced it with an Lowrance Airmap 2000c. It cant hurt to have a backup even if it is out of date.

Bob

infotango said:
John, since when are you on this board?
Welcome, friend!

Hey Rob,

Nice to see ya again, I been on this board since its inception, just never posted or visited too much. I guess, I was more consumed by the red days. Following a recient post on the red board I decided to take the advise of some that are regulars here. I am glad I did!

Thanks for the welcome, we will have to catch up on things, I was wondering what became of you once the red made its changes.

John

Back