Timebuilding NorCal?

CApilot55

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
CApilot55
I'm posting this to see if anyone from the Sacramento area is willing to split cost and do some timebuilding. Either way I'm looking to build some time for my instrument and need a safety pilot. This Wednesday the 5th I am scheduled at CFI at sac exec for a checkout in their 172's. feel free to pm me, or just comment on here and I can pm you if interested. Thanks

Can't only one log the time?

What's the requirement for a safety pilot? I'm a pp-asel with 400 hours and I live 20 minutes from Sac Exec. All but 6 hours of my time is in light sport airplanes, but I'd enjoy sitting right-seat and scanning for traffic. I have no need to log any hours, just enjoy flying. Does the safety pilot need a current medical? Mine is expired but it wouldn't be a big deal to go get it renewed.

Safety pilot must be at least a private pilot with valid third class medical. 14 CFR 91.109(c)(1).

How do you get a safety pilot certificate or whatever it may be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your kidding right? Please tell me that was a joke, and if it wasn't please tell me you don't hold a certificate of any kind besides maybe a library card

The only certificates you need to act as a safety pilot are a private pilot certificate with the appropriate category and class ratings, and a current third class or higher medical certificate.

Last edited:
So I just got beat purchasing a checkout to "be a safety pilot" with my local school it was $250.00??

So I just got beat purchasing a checkout to "be a safety pilot" with my local school it was $250.00??

With regard to people flying their aircraft, schools and FBOs are free to impose requirements that are stricter than FAA regs.

Sent from my Gateway desktop computer using Internet Explorer

Did you already have rental privileges with them? If not, then some checkout would be appropriate, IMO, though not more than an hour or less in the airplane.

I was kidding I didn't pay anything just busting some balls on a very cold boring Sunday.

Here is the Safety Pilot Certificate for anyone that needs one.

Attachments

• Safety.pdf
    130.1 KB · Views: 27
Can you make one with a picture of a plane instead of a teddy bear?

I was hoping for something laminated, with my picture on it, that would make it easier to get through TSA...

Post your pic and I will set you right up but you will have to laminate on your own.

Back