Time to kick back and enjoy

moonshine

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Max
End of an era, as someone once said
Now I'm hanging my weekend pilot wings, and putting on my official professional weekend pilot wings :yes:

Write-up -
oral - lots of focus on runway incursions. Taxiway markings, LAHSO, hotspots etc. Priveleges and limitations. WX mins, airspace types, all the good stuff and lots of FARs. I enjoy working with this particular DPE, although the word has it, there are easier guys out there, but I've gotten my IR with him and didn't think there was anything unreasonable during the IR or CP checkride.

the ride itself - started the xc, deviation into http://www.airnav.com/airport/X23 for a power-off 180 (with a 80 degree xwind) - that went well, except that I reached down for the flap handle, fingers slipped, and the handle stayed where it was :D Figured it'd end up better if I just made it a no-flap landing rather than drop everything and go looking for the stupid thing. Worked out just fine, nice touchdown and within the boundaries. Had a conversation about how the book says "normal landing configuration" and that implies flaps.
Rest was all the good stuff from the PTS, overall good 1.6 hr flight (which is considered to be very short for him).

I just looooove that feeling when the checkride is behind you.

PS Just like the IR ride, no charts other than on the iPad. Brought a half-S'd ASA paper flight log per my ol' CFI's request :) DPE glanced over it, said something about old school and commented on how I obviously didn't like those things since there were 5 waypoints for the whole 170 nm of the xc.

Last edited:
Congratulations! What are you going to be doing with your weekends now? :)

Congrats! The commercial has been my favorite ride to date.

Congrats!
Thank you!

Congrats! The commercial has been my favorite ride to date.

Thank you and thank you for those FAR refs!

..It might sound silly, but my favorite ride was the Instrument. It was challenging to the point where I had no outside thoughts and just had to work through it. Tough weather too in the wake of Sandy. It might also have something to do with the fact that I took it in my own shiny Diamond and not an FBO Arrow II. Still, the Commercial was fun and that Arrow tought me a thing or two.

Congrats, sounds like a lot of tough fun. I hope to one day be "raking in the dough" in aviation also. Although I will have to wait to win the power ball so I can afford to become a professional pilot :lol:

End of an era, as someone once said
Now I'm hanging my weekend pilot wings, and putting on my official professional weekend pilot wings :yes:

Write-up -
oral - lots of focus on runway incursions. Taxiway markings, LAHSO, hotspots etc. Priveleges and limitations. WX mins, airspace types, all the good stuff and lots of FARs. I enjoy working with this particular DPE, although the word has it, there are easier guys out there, but I've gotten my IR with him and didn't think there was anything unreasonable during the IR or CP checkride.

the ride itself - started the xc, deviation into http://www.airnav.com/airport/X23 for a power-off 180 (with a 80 degree xwind) - that went well, except that I reached down for the flap handle, fingers slipped, and the handle stayed where it was :D Figured it'd end up better if I just made it a no-flap landing rather than drop everything and go looking for the stupid thing. Worked out just fine, nice touchdown and within the boundaries. Had a conversation about how the book says "normal landing configuration" and that implies flaps.
Rest was all the good stuff from the PTS, overall good 1.6 hr flight (which is considered to be very short for him).

I just looooove that feeling when the checkride is behind you.

PS Just like the IR ride, no charts other than on the iPad. Brought a half-S'd ASA paper flight log per my ol' CFI's request :) DPE glanced over it, said something about old school and commented on how I obviously didn't like those things since there were 5 waypoints for the whole 170 nm of the xc.

Now for that first job!

Congrats, sounds like a lot of tough fun. I hope to one day be "raking in the dough" in aviation also. Although I will have to wait to win the power ball so I can afford to become a professional pilot :lol:

Thanks! That was more of a joke though :)

Now for that first job!

Nah. Ten years ago maybe. I'll take it as it comes, but as a sideline unless life turns out otherwise.

Back