Time to hang it up I think

U

Unregistered

I have been having issues that could potentially result in the loss of my medical over the last 5 years. Things have culminated in a suicide threat, and hospitalization. There's been a diagnosis of an impulse control disorder, and medication is a very real possibility. I've had a great flying life, spanning close to 20 years and 200 hours (money makes airplanes fly). I asked my wife to marry me in a GA plane, and have had many great memories, and some not so great ones in the cockpit. I have a long lonely road in front of me moving forward.

I assume you mean hang up the flying so you can focus on getting healthy......

OP here,

Yes, I mean the flying. I don't see any avenues right now that will get me in the cockpit again, unless PBOR goes through.

There is no FAA penalty to allowing a medical certification to lapse.

Do that, then work with your medical professionals on getting back to a good, healthy, and positive state.

As you go through the process, keep your own notes of who you are working with, contact information, tests given, results provided, and medications prescribed. This will aid you and future AME's in creating your submission packet to the FAA.

Best of luck to you!.

There is no FAA penalty to allowing a medical certification to lapse.

Do that, then work with your medical professionals on getting back to a good, healthy, and positive state.

As you go through the process, keep your own notes of who you are working with, contact information, tests given, results provided, and medications prescribed. This will aid you and future AME's in creating your submission packet to the FAA.

Best of luck to you!.

+1 this!

Your choice let your medical lapse while you consider,where you want to go.good luck .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back