Time Magazine!

Rudy

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Rudy
Well!
As some of you know Time is doing a story over Aviation in families, a part of the story or maybe a whole article(not sure) is about me and my Grandpa. anyways a photographer from time came to KPTS this morning and took a bunch of pictures (600 or so) for the magazine. We have pictures in the Cherokee, standing next to it and about every other way you can imagine. I don't know for sure when the article will come out(they said pretty quick), but I will keep everyone posted!
Perhaps in some way this will be good advertisement for GA and maybe get more younger people ,like me, flying.
Just thought I would share

Rudy said:
anyways a photographer from time came to KPTS this morning and took a bunch of pictures (600 or so) for the magazine.

Well, I guess he was never a wedding photographer. :<)

Rudy,

That sounds great. I just might have to buy a copy of Time off of the newstand.

Len

Rudy said:
a part of the story or maybe a whole article(not sure) is about me and my Grandpa.

That will be cool. Cooler yet will be telling Sherry (avid Time reader), hey, I've met that guy!

Bill Jennings said:
That will be cool. Cooler yet will be telling Sherry (avid Time reader), hey, I've met that guy!

We knew him when :)

Can't wait to see the article, Rudy.

I Rudy,

I'll be watching! Give time my name and number B) I wana be in an article with my grandfather and his Bonanza :0

At least I can give my friends the article and see what I'm so pasionate about. Also--how were you chosen for the article? Did you contact them. Maybe you could make a short write-up for us :)

Rudy;

This is so great and exciting for you and your grandpa. Let us know when it may be coming out.

Thanks for sharing and I will be looking for it.

John J

I will definitely let everyone know!
This all happened when someone posted on here about Grandkids and aviation and how it brings families closer. They said that Time wanted to do an article on it and i got in touch with them. I got an email the next day and then about a month or two later the lady called me and i did an interview. They told us a photographer would be sent down and they would let us know. So they did and thats where we are now.
I have no idea whether it is going to be a big story, or if it is just going to be a one paragraph kind of deal. We will just have to see.

Hey Rudy, I'm excited for you guys! We subscribe to Time, so let us know which issue.

Good re-find....

Michael Harbater has been in the past a poster on the Red Board, and I had the honor of helping him get a complex medical.

Rudy's Grandpa has been a poster here, and I have the honor of the same.

:) :) :) Makes it worth it.

It took over four years? A little behind on your reading? :lol:
:yesnod: :D

heh - sometimes a memory like mine can be a curse.

Good find!

edit:
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1124294-1,00.html

- he's in page 3 of the article
Matt, that was impressive! How did you do that????

Michael Harbater has been in the past a poster on the Red Board, and I had the honor of helping him get a complex medical.

Rudy's Grandpa has been a poster here, and I have the honor of the same.

:) :) :) Makes it worth it.
:)

:yesnod: :D

Matt, that was impressive! How did you do that????

:)

I used my GoogleFu.

Actually, just went to Time magazine, their archives, searched for "aviation" between Sep 05 and Dec 05.

edit:

This has been fun - I really enjoyed Rudy's posts over the years, it's good to hear back on how he's doing.

Man alive, when I met that "kid" at Gaston's, who knew he'd be getting Air Force wings?

Very.
Freakin'.
Cool!

Back