Tim Winters... Dog Trainer

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
Not satisfied with "Wait" and "Okay, EAT!", Tim uses aviation terms as commands for his dogs.

Video shows up on Chrome in both iPad and Win7Pro

That was great.

Now if you could get the clearances read back... :)

I wonder if your backseat driving instructions sound like:

"Cleared to St. Louis via I55, Main Street transition. Maintain at or below 45 miles per hour, expect 75MPH in 10 minutes. Departure frequency is FM 99.5. Squawk "the phrase that pays" for the fourth caller"

What little training my dogs have is in French. Chinese sounded awful and Klingon was too weird.

LOL. That's pretty awesome. And here I thought my dog's ability to do "Bang" was cool. He's got some recurrent training in his future...

I'm slowly working on my version of "play dead" using the command...

"Sugar, would you rather be a dead dog or a t-sip"?

Oh, and within the confines of Steinholme cages are a training aid, not a way of life.

Very cool.
All of our training is done via visual commands

Oh, and within the confines of Steinholme cages are a training aid, not a way of life.

+1,000,000

People who keep their dogs penned up and/or chained up all the time should be chained up themselves. I can't even fathom why someone would want a dog and then do that to it.

Our chocolate lab has spent a lot of time in his crate and on the leash for the last couple of months. No free reign allowed. Doctors orders since he had TPLO surgery. He has a follow up appointment next week and hopefully he'll get released then. Hope so. It sucks.

Last edited:
You missed the other thread!

When I feed my three mutts I make them go to their crates while I'm preparing their food (command = taxi to parking).

Then, once I put their bowls on the floor, they are allowed to approach and sit next to the bowls (command = position and hold).

Then they are released to eat (command = cleared for takeoff).

And sometimes I make them "taxi to parking" after they are told to "position and hold." And then we start over.

If I say "line up and wait" they look up at me like I'm stupid. I take that to mean that even dogs know that's a dumb thing to say! ;)

Lesson to be learned, never combine three pretty smart dogs with an overly anal retentive, control freak, pilot. Nothing good can ever come of it.

:)

Okay, back to your regularly scheduled programming!

Back