Tiger update

Anthony

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Anthony
In my attempt to "fly away" my Gaston's syndrome I took a half day yesterday and flew the Tiger up to Jeffco to see if the avionics shop could fix both my VOR's. Its hot here in Colorado, so I had to deal with the thermals, but it was still fun and the plane is flying great.

Some of you may remember I lost both VOR's after my annual. It could have been the mech or avionics tech because I had them both working on stuff. Anyway, I didn't care whose fault it was, just wanted it fixed. The avionics tech openend up one panel next to the rudder and found a BNC connection to the antennas had been left unconnected. I thought it was something like that. He reconnected it and problem solved. Flew back to Front Range around Denver's Class B. The VOR's worked great.

So I think the plane is in good shape and ready for some long flights. :)

Glad to hear it was something simple on the VORs, Anthony. On the other hand, it does make one wonder "if they missed something simple, what else ..." (or at least it makes me think that).

Jeffco has its open house today - lots of static displays, CO and WY ANG F-16s, a couple of Harriers, a Black Hawk, Pilatus PC-12, flight of 3 T-6s, gaggle of RV-4, 6 and 8s (I think), a MIG-17, a MIG-19, F-86, a Swiss twin tail fighter jet (Viper, possibly?) ... no Tigers, tho! No Vikings, either.

HPNFlyGirl said:
Bumpy eh?

Yeah, especially in the afternoon. Updrafts followed by downdrafts, constantly, but just constant light to moderate chop.

I couldn't go to the Jeffco open house today as our neighborhood had its Gargage sale days yesterday and today. I got out if yesterdays by flying but couldn't pull off today. Actualy it was fun and we sold a lot of junk.

As I'm near Centennial, I saw a B-17 fly right over the house. I think it was giving rides, but maybe off to Jeffco. Then a gaggle of T-6's going to Jeffco, then a solitary T-6. I think an L-39 jet also flew over. And last but not least a Supermarine Spitfire, again low and over the house. It was the two place one that lives around here somewhere, maybe at Centennial.

HPNFlyGirl said:
So the money you made from garage selling is more money to put into flying then huh?

Ha! It was more to get rid of junk which we did, than make money. But the few bucks won't hurt either! Everything goes into flying. :)

gkainz said:
(Viper, possibly?)

(Venom), and it was a noisy devil. I enjoyed the first landing at Jeffco of a Frontier Airbus and the missed approach of a second one. Good airshow and a great itme.

gkainz said:
a Swiss twin tail fighter jet (Viper, possibly?) ... no Tigers, tho! No Vikings, either.

Yeah maybe a Venom. Travolta used to own one of those. I wish I could have been there. :(

I love those old first and second generation jets from the Korean era on up. Well maybe we can get to see an ME 262 fly since they are flying again.

Hey, Anthony, antenna, just like I toldja.

--

Man, you shoulda been at Gaston's.

Back