Tiedown costs

EHITCH

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Elizabeth
I just got the most recent newsletter from Palwaukee (Chicago's main reliever, volume-type sim to Teterboro, NJ) and tiedowns are advertised at $97 single, $115 twin.
Just curious, how does that compare to other metropolitan areas you folks know?
Elizabeth Hitchcock

HPN is a reliever of the NYC traffic as well as TEB. At Panorama Flight Service (west side of the field) the tie down prices are advertised at their website as:

Single-Engine: $275 per month
Multi-Engine: $307 per month

This includes FULL SERVICE meaning the lineman come out and are *supposed* to help you park and tiedown as well as fuel your aircraft if you desire.

At 9D9 - $20/month. (20 minute drive from Grand Rapids)

And people want to live in the big city why?

I commute from my home base in Glens Falls, NY (KGFL), where I pay $45/month for "full service" that includes fueling at the tiedown ($3.65/gallon for based aircraft), hand operated antifreeze sprayer, free access to power for winter plug-ins, snow plowing up to the nose that doesn't bury the plane, etc.

I spend two-three nights a week at White Plains (KHPN). Tiedown there is $15/night (first night free with top-off, $4.25/gal). Electric plug-in there is $18/night additional, and the plane sometimes gets very buried. If I need to de-ice a trip into the hangar is $100.

After getting a job in NYC I insisted on continuiing to live upstate. Costs were a big part of the decision. Having an airplane and a company that will reimburse the travel makes it feasible.

Not really a tie down, but at DPA we're paying $439 for a heated hangar.

In Baton Rouge the price is $35/month for a self service tie down. You don't even get the ropes. They also have (my favorite) about 12-18 free public tie down spots. You get everything that the $35 tie down spots offer and get to walk another row further away from the fuel and FBO. I don't mind the walk.

It's $70/month for a Town tiedown at Brookhaven, and $500 for an unheated hangar. It doesn't come with any set services, but the FBO and the Town employees have given me tiedown ropes and helped me push the plane back many times. We get plowed in winter and have access to power and water supply, plus (expensive) fueling at the tiedown.

The ramp at 3MY in Peoria, Illinois (where I am no longer an employee, but where the employee rate was "free") has a rate of $5 a night, or $40 (maybe it's $45) a month. For this price you get three ropes (maybe) and a painted T under your bird.

That FBO looks to be on its way out though, and prices may be changing. Ten miles away, at KPIA, the prices are higher (I think).

--Matt

MDW $100 Tie Down plus $80 Facility Fee= $180/mo. for a C172

I guess I should be happy. Busy class C airport, $250.00 per month unheated T-Hanger, 4 outlets, electric door. FBO fuels the plane at the hanger, currently about $3.60. The airport plows all the ramps and my hanger is facing south so the sun melts the ice and snow by noon. The airport has 3 ILS's and the fourth runway has a GPS approach. Word has it that the fourth ILS is coming shortly. We have AirTran to thank for all the traffic. No complaints. I have a Tanis heater and I use a torpedo heater when I'm pre-flighting or working in the hanger. It's a ten minute drive from home.

Five minutes from home at International, $ 150 tie down. Half hour from home $ 50 tie down. International has every approach known to man and 24 hour tower, home drome has two VOR and a GPS. Small airplane MX at International is iffy, MX at home drome....well, I don't know yet. Hanger space is sorta non existant for any amount of dinero.

Well at Capital City,(KCXY) Harrisburg Pa . Tie-down is 55 a month or unheated hangar (T-hangar) is 182.50. Towered till 9PM, has ILS and is about 10 minutes from the City. Dave G.

Just found out today it is going up to $120 a month maybe they will lower the fuel prices now :rofl:

Bob

30 a month at my airport, night ops but only gps approach, at niagara falls its 90 a month

EHITCH said:
I just got the most recent newsletter from Palwaukee (Chicago's main reliever, volume-type sim to Teterboro, NJ) and tiedowns are advertised at $97 single, $115 twin.
Just curious, how does that compare to other metropolitan areas you folks know?
Elizabeth Hitchcock
I asked a friend today who ties down outside at Denver Jeffco (BJC) and she said it was $75/month. Jeffco's not as busy as Palwaukee and it seems like it has a lot more ramp space.

Currently UUV is free to all, city fathers are talking about charging a dollar a day. T-Hangers are $66.00 a month and overnight is free with fuel if one is open.

Dave Krall CFII said:
Boeing Field Seattle runs just under $500 for unheated hangars.

Just got an update... make that ~$600 for unheated @ KBFI.

Back