Tie Down Fees - What's Yours?

JasonCT

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
JasonCT
Well, as a new plane owner, I had to research tie down fees at local airports in my community.

I found that both Plymouth, MA (KPYM) and Hyannis, MA (KHYA) were the cheapest, with town own tie downs costing a wopping $37.50 / month (Grass in plymouth, and paved in hyannis).
But the average was anywhere from 60.00 - 70.00 / month.

Is that close to what you all are paying?

~Jay

jeepers, at Ames, IA you can tie down on the ramp out front of the FBO for no charge as far as i know.

I pay $42.80/mo for a tie down at VNC.

heh im thinking about splitting a t hangar w/another glider this summer. will cost me 40/month. im glad i live in the middle of nowhere at times like this

tonycondon said:
heh im thinking about splitting a t hangar w/another glider this summer. will cost me 40/month. im glad i live in the middle of nowhere at times like this
Hey, well, at least my hangar has a broken door and leaks like crazy when it rains.

50 p/mo outside parking at Havasu. they also have covered spaces for 100. 500 for the hangar we had, could fit 2 singles in it.

$180 a month divided by two. That covers the hangar rent and also membership to Boone Airport Inc. which pays the lease on the land. Not a bad deal considering the mini warehouse storage facility next to the airport charges $200 a month for an 8x10.

Ken Ibold said:
I hear ya. I pay $250 and am happy to do it.

Well, OK, maybe not happy...

Mine went up from $275 to $350 a couple of months ago. I think my expression was like the acronym that Ed posted for engine failure on a multi.

larrysb said:
Open tiedown, tail-in, less than 3500lbs, single engine, $111/month.

Is that for Santa Clara county? Cause thats the same I pay. :)

Hangar is $252, based tie downs are $35 asphalt, $5 over night if you don't buy gas.

Paved tie-downs are $84/mo. in Quakertown PA. Not sure of the hanger rent, maybe $400+? Out of my price range:( .

Gary

$15k for my hangar on a 24 year lease.
New enclosed hangars are $185/month
Tie downs $20/mo.

$30/ month in Smithfield, NC. About 30 miles from RDU. My hanger happens to sit on my tiedown spot which is a happy coincidence.:goofy:

Burlington, VT (BTV) is $85 / month outside, $375 / month for hanger IF you can get one. I gave up our hanger when it pased $250.

Dan

N2212R said:
$15k for my hangar on a 24 year lease.
New enclosed hangars are $185/month
Tie downs $20/mo.

wait a second, i thought that when your hangar got to be too much, you just bought an airport?

tonycondon said:
wait a second, i thought that when your hangar got to be too much, you just bought an airport?

We needed someplace else to fly to. :rofl:

Wings field KLOM - Grass tiedown is $75.00 per month ( grass has three concrete pads to put wheels on) Tie down fee is waived if you agree to get all of your mx done at the FBO there. I thinik paved is $100 and hangar is $300 but can be bumped if you don't by a share which is several grand.

Tie down is $20/mo old hangers with sliding doors are $100/mo with a 5 yr waiting list (42 people). a new 10 place hanger is going up this summer and rental is supposed to be $200/mo. We are trying to talk the airport into letting 10 of us lease a spot and build our own hanger

MDW $100/mo. Tie down, $80/mo. facility access fee to get through the FBO to the aircraft. But they do usually have cookies.

My airport, free.

At Merrill Field in Anchorage, $45, or $60 with an electrical outlet (engine, cabin preheater!)

I am glad I live in the midwest, most small town airports do not charge for outside tie downs. Hangers range from $60-$75 for shade hangers and $80- $175 for T-hangers with folding door. St. Louis and K.C areas are higher. We have several owners from the city that keep their planes here because they could save money. With the price of gas going up, it my cost them more now.

CapeCodJay said:
Is that close to what you all are paying?

We were getting a steal...

$150/mo.

For a hangar.

For THREE planes.

Well, it was too good I guess, they just jacked our rate up to $516/mo which is still quite reasonable for three airplanes at a class C. Good service there too. It just knocked a big chunk of out my new-plane budget, as that's $12/member/month. :mad:

$80/month for a nice hangar with electric door, all concrete floor.

A LOT more.

My field is $100 per month for hard surface tie down with electric for engine heaters.

T hangars are $550 a month. But less than 3 years old, so excellent shape. Includes a fire extinguisher and electric. Concrete floor, bifold door.

Still $185/month at the home drome for the full concrete T 40' bi-fold and electrical.

Heated full service community hangar- prices just went up to 190/mo.

Home airport in the middle of nowhere in Canada, it's $100 per month for outside parking and $400 per month for shared hangar space. However, down here in Florida where I'm staying during the winter, it's $300 per month for outside parking and probably not within my budget for anything indoors.

$88/mo for a paved tiedown, no electric.

Back